Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPD 10th Applicant Process

Hello everyone:

Just wanted to get a forum thread going for candidates in the running for the 10th applicant process for IMPD. I am aware there is one for the 9th but wanted to see if us 10th guys can get a discussion going.

This is the furthest I've made it in a process so far. I'm hoping for all good things.

Comment

Most difficult part in a hiring process is the oral interview stage, in my opinion. Just have confidence in yourself and you will be fine! Good luck in the rest of the process!

Comment

I keep going back and forth on whether I did fine or if I just sounded like an idiot.

Comment

I've learned that you can't second guess yourself because you always think you did worse than what you did, in most cases. I'm sure you did fine.

Comment

Do you guys know how many made it to the oral interview?
            Last edited by GIJANE88; 05-23-2014, 09:19 PM.

Comment

I would guess around 200. Not sure though, many may not have shown up.

Comment

Maybe it's me just not having a whole lot of experience with this but I'm kind of surprised that it's only 200.

Comment

It definitely could be more, i'm just kind of guessing. But I would think somewhere in that range.

Comment

Did they decide how big of a class they wanted? I've been told 80 and then I've been told 80 for the whole year. The latter would make sense due to the fact that it looks like the class that starts the 2nd has 60 in it.

Comment

I have heard anything from 40 from each (9th & 10th), and i've also heard 50 from the 9th and 30 from the 10th. But I take it as however many they need and what the budget is from the city. I have also heard from the other forum that they have extended some applicants from the 9th into the 10th, now rather that was just so they wouldn't officially eliminate them i'm not sure. But if you do not get hired this go around do not get discouraged, Mayor Ballard wants to get the number of officers to around 1800 by 2020 so they will hire some each year i'm guessing.

Comment

Well at 23 my expectations aren't too high for this process just for my age but I'll keep biting until I get it.

Comment

I know a few officers that also know other officers that have been hired on first try at 22 years old. Age is a number, prove your mature enough for the job and its definitely possible to get hired young.

Comment

I'm in the 10th process as well.
                            Seems it has been shaved down to 22 recruits:
                            http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...ficers-in-2014

I've also heard from several of the folks in the 9th class that they received emails saying they didn't make the 9th but are being considered for the 10th... huge amount of people trying for only 22 spots it seems. Very small class.

Comment

I have also heard that. Do not think they will hire anyone that did not make the cut for the 9th process. City seems pretty intent on getting there numbers up. I was with the officers today when they had the officer involved shooting on the East side, they need more numbers. Even if it isn't this time, they will hire a consistent amount in the next few years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3689 users online. 248 members and 3441 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X