300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP is accepting applications for the 73rd Recruit Class

Just a heads up, Indiana State Police are taking applications until March 31 for the 73 Recruit Class starting later this year! This is always great news.

I have 2 Class A Uniforms and 2 BDU Uniforms for sale if anyone would like to purchase. The initial investment going into the academy can be hefty.

Class A Top- 16x34
    Class A Bottom- 34x33
    $100 for 2 Class As and 2 BDUs

BDU Top and bottom is medium x regular

Good luck to all who apply!

If interested in the uniforms, PM me.
    Last edited by sofresh; 03-06-2013, 04:37 PM.
    If its worth doing, then it's worth doing right.

They don't set you up with everything you'd need?

Comment

No you have to provide your own uniforms for the academy

Comment

The application deadline is fast approaching for this process. Applications must be received before 11:59 pm on Sunday, March 31. It is expected there will be 90 positions in the 73rd academy.

If you know anyone who might wish to apply, have them visit this website: http://www.in.gov/isp/2368.htm
        SPSC 262

Comment

Does anyone know what the written exam is like?

Comment

Wow 90 positions is a ton. Written is the basic exam. Get a booklet to memorize for two hours. Includes some articles, match people to their crimes, layouts of like a mall or park and memorize where things are on the map. Section on report writing filling in a report and some grammar and spelling last.

Comment

I hope to have better luck this time. I was actually hired and part of the 72nd recruit class. After a few days I got hurt and had to unfortunately withdraw. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I have been trying to get into law enforcement for many, many years and finally made it. Hopefully I will be there again.

Comment

I just heard that they received 3000 applications for this process, with last years I think it was only in the mid 2000. I hope they are taking 90, i think thats what they took last year. I would assume if they are then competition is going to be fierce. Even though I have seen alot of law enforcement jobs posted lately.

Comment

Just over 24 hours remaining to apply online. It is expected to be 90 in this class. Larger than the most recent classes. Check the timeline online for expected dates.
                  SPSC 262

Comment

I applied online got an email saying was accepted and then had to fill out another few pages of info and sent that in but never received confirmation it was accepted. Anyone I can check without to make sure it was accepted?

Comment

Applications for this process (73rd Academy) have closed and the date for any future selection processes is not yet known. If you applied, good luck!

Make sure you always show up dressed for success (shirt & tie at a minimum) and that you also show up. Why apply and then not attend the testing. Many who apply end up not showing up for the the test or the physical. As simple as it seems, you drastically increase your chances of continuing in any hiring process by showing up, looking sharp, and reading fully any correspondence an agency sends you prior to a step in the selection process.

While there may be thousands who apply, this is for 90 potential spots in the academy. The odds are much better by percentage in this process than for example a single open position with 100 applicancts.

Be sure you know the PT testing standards. If you aren't in shape now, it is unlikely you'll make the fitness gains to pass and meet the standards when the PT tests take place at the end of April or the first weekend of May.

Be sure to read and check the recruiting pages if you have any questions. Many questions are answered in these pages.
                      http://www.in.gov/isp/2368.htm
                      SPSC 262

Comment

Originally posted by 10-Roger View Post
                        Be sure you know the PT testing standards. If you aren't in shape now, it is unlikely you'll make the fitness gains to pass and meet the standards when the PT tests take place at the end of April or the first weekend of May.
                        I'm always amazed at how many people can't pass the PT. The information is out there for the taking. How do folks not pass outside of an injury or being ill (flu, etc.). I was shocked at a few processes I went to and I was 35 years old, but there were young early 20 somethings that could do the push-ups, sit-ups, or run. Sounds like folks who apply to ISP have about three or so weeks to get ready. Unless one is seriously overweight, that should be plenty of time to meet the standards.
                        Last edited by Dwntwn317; 01-10-2020, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Applications have closed for the current 73rd selection process. To be informed when the next process begins to accept applications, follow this link to sign up to be notified: https://myweb.in.gov/ISP/Recruitment/

No date is known for the next (74th) process. It may be months before a date is known. If you are signed up for the 73rd process, watch your email as testing begins this Saturday and will continue for the next two weekends before quickly moving into the Physical Ability Testing at the end of April or the beginning of May.
                          SPSC 262

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a dress requirement for the written, generally there isn't but just wanted to double check! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by peachbgone View Post
                              Does anyone know if there is a dress requirement for the written, generally there isn't but just wanted to double check! Thanks
                              From 10-Rodger:
                              'Make sure you always show up dressed for success (shirt & tie at a minimum) and that you also show up. "

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5420 users online. 321 members and 5099 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X