Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Information on Fishers and Lawrence P.D.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on Fishers and Lawrence P.D.

I was looking for some information on two Indiana police agencies, Fishers and Lawrence. I am currently an ILEA certified full time police officer, however I'm looking to move north to a better paying and larger agency where I can have more room to advance.

I'm looking for pay and benefits information

Take home cars? Off-duty driving privileges ?

Department morale?

Busy? The agency I work for currently is small and we usually aren't too busy, if we are it is with stupid calls (dogs, noise complaints, petty thefts, etc.) I'm young and very motivated; I would enjoy a department where I can still have time to be pro-active yet have some interesting calls/cases to work as well.

Equipment?

Training?

I probably sound picky with all of these questions, however I'm looking to move to any agency and make a 20 year or so career out of it so I feel it's important to do as much research as I can before I apply to other agencies. Any type of information or comments any of you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

I know Fishers top out pay after seven years was in the mid-$50K. Take home vehicle (unsure of restrictions) and of course over-time (again, maybe comp, maybe pay). They informed me of two health plans. Your typical co-pay plan was costly, so they started a high deductible plan. Not sure of the deductible at the time, but the town was paying $1,000 to the health savings account (if I recall). They also had a town clinic where everything was free, including some medications (likely the ones Walmart sells for $4 and Meijer gives away free). They were trying to contain healthcare costs. Can't recall if the entire family can use the free clinic or not. They worked 12 hour shifts then, and had three or four arrests each day. They have a lot of big box stores, so I'm sure there is a lot of shoplifting calls where you get called to do the paperwork more or less. They also offered lateral pay back then. Overall it appeared to be a great place to work. Newer building, nice garage, they just started a marine unit as well. It's nice to be loved.

Last I heard, Lawrence was paying decent as well, upper $40Ks or even into the $50Ks. They had take-homes in the past, but spoke to a Lawrence supervisor years ago when gas prices were trending up and they were going to start making officers pay for some gas costs. Not sure of current practice.

Both departments are busy. You will be busy. FTO won't be some suburban cakewalk 100% of the time.
    Last edited by Dwntwn317; 01-10-2020, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Lawrence is having financial issues, which may result in police suffering. I'd go for Fishers.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Dwntwn317 how accurate would you think your information is today? We all know many departments have changed over the years.

I am looking at a lateral transfer any help would be appreciated.

When was the last process? Any info on a new one?

Thanks

Comment

You also have to remember with Lawrence you'll be dealing with some of the highest crime rate areas in the city. And really be prepared to play political games. They love them here.

Comment

Originally posted by Munky View Post
              You also have to remember with Lawrence you'll be dealing with some of the highest crime rate areas in the city. And really be prepared to play political games. They love them here.
              In Lawrence? I'm not sure where you're getting that info from. They can get kinda busy and have some problem areas, but the majority of the bad area around the city is on East District or North.
              "In valor there is hope." —Tacitus

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion." —Proverbs 28:1

Comment

Originally posted by TheChug31 View Post
                In Lawrence? I'm not sure where you're getting that info from. They can get kinda busy and have some problem areas, but the majority of the bad area around the city is on East District or North.
                42 & Post, 42 & Franklin, 46 & Franklin, Richardt from 56th south, all Lawrence. Again, those are SOME of the highest crime rate areas in the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Munky View Post
                  42 & Post, 42 & Franklin, 46 & Franklin, Richardt from 56th south, all Lawrence. Again, those are SOME of the highest crime rate areas in the city.
                  Eh, most of that area in on IMPD. 75% of 42nd/Post is, half of 42nd/Franklin is. I'll give you that it's not the greatest area in Marion County but compared to the rest of East District say everything West of Arlington, it's a lot nicer. I know that comparing Lawrence as a whole isn't too fair, because once you get away from those few area's and 5 or so apt complexes in the city, the rest of the city is pretty quiet. I just know that it seems like ED is non stop most of the time, when Lawrence can have a lot of down time.
                  "In valor there is hope." —Tacitus

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion." —Proverbs 28:1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4894 users online. 322 members and 4572 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X