Indy Mayor Race

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy Mayor Race

You had me Melina, but you lost me with your negative attack ads full of distortions and especially the implication that Ballard is a racist. I can't vote for anyone who plays race-bait politics, and to twist Ballard's words so badly shows a total lack of ethics. I really thought there was some hope for the Democratic party, at least on a local level, but wow did you torpedo that.

So, an unethical race baiter or the guy who's helmed the ship during Straubification while the number of sworn officers continue to dwindle?

Folks, here's your choices:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clip...82/debate-2004
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

My fave is the radio commercial with "Elvis". His impersonation is so bad that you cannot understand the words he uttering. I hope they spent a bundle of money on that one!
    This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

I heard that if Kennedy is elected her top 3 IMPD officers are going to be Robinette, Benjamin, and Stanton. With the prospect of those guys in charge, I think I'd rather have Straub still as DPS.

Comment

I don't like either of them, to be honest. Either way, it seems that IMPD is *****ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy View Post
          I don't like either of them, to be honest. Either way, it seems that IMPD is *****ed.
          Same stuff, different day. I'm looking at the "lesser of two evils" aspect of the election. I still haven't figured out which one is the lesser though...

Comment

Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
            I still haven't figured out which one is the lesser though...
            That's the hardest part.

Comment

I heard that if Kennedy is elected her top 3 IMPD officers are going to be Robinette, Benjamin, and Stanton. With the prospect of those guys in charge, I think I'd rather have Straub still as DPS.
              I still think behind closed doors Layton will play a role in how IMPD operates.

Comment

Originally posted by IndySoldier1983 View Post
                I still think behind closed doors Layton will play a role in how IMPD operates.
                Supposedly when she received the FOP endorsement she said she had no plans to put him back in control, but if you read the statements on her website about crime she makes it sound like Ballard's taking control of IMPD was a bad idea and that she would rather the Sheriff be in control. And everyone knows that she and Layton are tight.

Speaking of Layton, his son is getting booted off Southwest district.

Comment

Supposedly when she received the FOP endorsement she said she had no plans to put him back in control, but if you read the statements on her website about crime she makes it sound like Ballard's taking control of IMPD was a bad idea and that she would rather the Sheriff be in control. And everyone knows that she and Layton are tight.

Speaking of Layton, his son is getting booted off Southwest district.
                  You know what district he's coming to?

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus08 View Post
                    You know what district he's coming to?
                    Northwest. Southwest is getting Scott Aurs in the trade. I think Southwest came out ahead on the deal....

Comment

Northwest. Southwest is getting Scott Aurs in the trade. I think Southwest came out ahead on the deal....
                      Uh yeah, Scotty is good people.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
                        Uh yeah, Scotty is good people.
                        Definitely. I worked with him pre-merge on East late. Guy was so good at finding stolen cars he had one literally run into him!

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdawg45
                          I'm no fan of Layton, but if it's between he and the Ballard/Straub love affair, I'll choose a cop over a politician any day.

LD
                          I don't know if I can agree with that. If you didn't work for IMPD when Anderson was still in charge, you don't know how ****ed up everything was. If you did, I won't argue your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawdawg45
                            I'm no fan of Layton, but if it's between he and the Ballard/Straub love affair, I'll choose a cop over a politician any day.

LD
                            The Sheriff is more politician than cop....
                            Originally posted by K40
                            To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                            ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Kennedy point blank said during her speech at the FOP, IMPD control would stay under the mayor. I give her props for that.

I want Ballard minus the Straub sauce. Kennedy is such an unknown. She could be another 4 years of Peterson or her own terror or a great mayor. I really don't know. Ballard has been good for the city, just not good to public safety. I approved of him 100% until Straub showed up. Ballard took this mess of a department and kinda got it started on the right path. Lots and lots of new cars.

If Ballard fires Staub, hes got a chance. If Ballard doesn't loose Straub, he'll lose the election
                              Last edited by straycat62; 10-31-2011, 08:40 PM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10085 users online. 373 members and 9712 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X