300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP now hiring

Indiana State Police are currently accepting applications to become a state trooper.

Anyone who is interested in applying can visit their website at http://www.in.gov/isp/2368.htm. At this time there is no set time of when the application will close or the start of the next recruit class but those who are interested are encouraged to apply now.

For more information or any questions concerning the position, please contact Sergeant Ann Wojas at 219-696-6242.
    Last edited by blue thunder; 09-23-2011, 06:26 PM.

I heard the ISP Academy class that starts in October had to be cut by 1/3 by Governor's orders, I assume due to funding. They guys cut already had start dates. What a load.

Comment

why would they cut the class by a third and then announce another process before the current class even begins?
      i don't know whether to be excited that i can get another chance at joining or be concerned from all i have read about ISP. I guess I shouldn't be surprised some places have had some weirdness in the last couple years because of budgets and politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluepelican31 View Post
        I heard the ISP Academy class that starts in October had to be cut by 1/3 by Governor's orders, I assume due to funding. They guys cut already had start dates. What a load.
        Even offers of government jobs aren't safe anymore. I know a lot of people say it is the right thing to do to give two weeks notice, but I can tell you right now that barring any policies against, I not only wouldn't give two weeks notice, I would likely burn as much vacation as possible while working the new job. My wife has given two weeks notice at two different private companies, and they pretty much fired her the following day.

Trust me, giving two weeks notice isn't the right thing to do. It is only the right thing in the private employers eyes because they can use that time to decide if they need your services for another two weeks or if they can cut the payroll by one person ASAP. I really hope none of these folks who got a start date actually told their current employer they will be leaving. They might already be without a job.
        Last edited by Dwntwn317; 01-10-2020, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Wow this is nuts.... I got my rejection letter 6 days ago and had a conditional job offer a couple weeks before that and they start taking applications 4 days after I get the thanks for playing letter. Well here I go again.

Comment

They gave out conditional offers much later this time around. During the 70th they gave them out right after the oral board interview.

Comment

does anyone know when the next process would even start, such as when testing maybe, when next class would go to the academy. i can not imagine they would start the process any earlier than january 2012. but i have been wrong before.

Comment

If I had to guess, the process will probably start in January 2012. If that's the case, the academy would start around June or July 2012, as the process normally takes about 6-7 months to complete.

In regards to the class being cut by 1/3 after the academy invites were sent, no one in the loop has heard this. A couple guys I know who were going through the current process said that ISP was sending a larger class than normal to the academy this time around. If there were budget issues, it wouldn't make sense to start recruiting for another class if they could barely send people to the current. Maybe the idea of having a larger class was scrapped? I would hope ISP would've decided that before sending academy invitations.

Comment

When I was going thru the the 71st process I believe they said they were taking somewhere around 65. When I got the information on the background phase there were still about 90-100 people on the list that they sent out. Mathematically I assumed I still had a good shot at being accepted.

I wish all the best to anyone who did get a rejection letter after the conditional offers. I know how excited I was just to even be close enough to the end. I know at least I have a better chance next time since I know what to expect. Here I go with the waiting game again.

Comment

An acquaintance of mine got rejected after successfully completing the ILEA Physical Fitness Assessment Entrance Examination two weeks before reporting date.

Comment

An acquaintance of mine got rejected after successfully completing the ILEA Physical Fitness Assessment Entrance Examination two weeks before reporting date.
                      I know this is the dumbest question anyone could ever ask that is trying to get into law enforcement but im going to ask it any way.
                      What does it take to get accepted?
                      I mean I try to be a logical thinker. Logically there has to be particular things they are looking for in recruits. I do not have my bachelors degree, I do not have any previous experience, but I do have a strong desire to make this my career.
                      I know they have all the requirments on thier website, but I am sure most people hit those requirements like myself. Any extra tidbits for all us aspiring would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I'm not sure what you're referring to as 71st academy recruits performed the final PT exam at ILEA the day before the academy started at 0600 hours.

Comment

I just submitted my app, this is my first time testing in Indiana, what can I expect for the rest of the process as far as procedures and time frames are concerned? Thanks.
                          Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

We have a rookie at ILEA right now in the 194 basic class that said that the DIs for the State Police have told the recruits they aren't to speak to the basics.

And they wonder why when they get out city and county guys have some built up animosity towards ISP.

I'm so glad they didn't hire me.

Comment

I love how all the people that don't make it are the ones that are thankful they didn't .... Must not have been to bad of a department since you tried to get a job there... Then again when your the best people will always try and knock you down.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5422 users online. 321 members and 5101 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X