300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbus, IN Police Department

Does anyone have any info on this police department? Moral, Crime, turnover etc. I heard getting a job there was like winning the lotto.

They have had a hiring process each of the last 2 years so they may have high turnover? Not anything I know for a fact, but just an outsider's observation.

Comment

Have a good friend that's been there about 7 years or so now. Said it's a great department, loves it, and stays as busy as they want. Pay is "ok" for the Columbus area. They recently scrapped their 12 hour shifts and went back to 8 hour shifts. Why? Because a lot were crying about fatigue. Anyway, not really high turnover, just have retirements every year. And yes, if you land a job there....go buy a lottery ticket.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Years ago they used to focus on IU academy grads. Not sure if that is the case now. Pay seems to be good as stated above. I like the Columbus area myself. Smaller city, but close enough to Indy/Louisville for bigger cities amenities fix if you need that. They have Brown County and Brown County SP about 25 miles or so away.
        Last edited by Dwntwn317; 01-11-2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwntwn317 View Post
          Years ago they used to focus on IU academy grads. Not sure if that is the case now. Pay seems to be good as stated above. I've actually heard recently of a former officer who left the department. Didn't care for some of the people they were working with?? You know how those stories go. I can see Columbus overall being a good place to work. With Cummings adding jobs, that will help that area. Over on another forum, posters in the Indiana forum(s) ask about Columbus on a constant basis. I like the Columbus area myself. Smaller city, but close enough to Indy/Louisville for bigger cities amenities fix if you need that. They have Brown County and Brown County SP about 25 miles or so away.
          It's actually "Cummins." And spoke with my buddy last night. Said that they no longer focus on IU grads. Said they haven't last 10 years or so. I say if they're taking apps, go for it.
          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Thanks for the information. It's very appreciated.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6215 users online. 350 members and 5865 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X