300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana State Police e-mail!!!

Ok, who will admit that they read or heard about the 10 page e-mail from an upset troop that was sent out the other night before it was mysteriously deleted?????
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Originally posted by towncop View Post
    Ok, who will admit that they read or heard about the 10 page e-mail from an upset troop that was sent out the other night before it was mysteriously deleted?????
    What was the topic? Or I would imagine topics since it was 10 pages long!
    Originally posted by K40
    To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
    ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
      What was the topic? Or I would imagine topics since it was 10 pages long!
      Let's just say an angry Troop, discussing the true inner-workings of the ISP.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

Comment

Only ten pages?

Comment

Emailed to who?

Comment

Originally posted by FWKRTJ View Post
            Emailed to whom?
            From my understanding it was e-mailed to ALL troops and command staff on the ISP server. I was told that it was only on there for about 4 or 5 hours until it was deleted.

Comment

From my understanding it was e-mailed to ALL troops and command staff on the ISP server. I was told that it was only on there for about 4 or 5 hours until it was deleted.
              Somebody still has it, i'm sure of it. Some smart Trooper (hahaha, we all know THOSE don't exist) probably printed it out and is holding on to it. That or he saved an electronic copy. I would NOT be shocked to see it on tv or in the newspaper soon.
              Originally posted by K40
              To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
              ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
                Somebody still has it, i'm sure of it. Some smart Trooper (hahaha, we all know THOSE don't exist) probably printed it out and is holding on to it. That or he saved an electronic copy. I would NOT be shocked to see it on tv or in the newspaper soon.
                Oh yeah man, I know a couple troops in my district that forwarded a copy to their personal e-mail accounts as well as saved a copy to a thumb drive. The thumb drive is how I read it!

Comment

Oh yeah man, I know a couple troops in my district that forwarded a copy to their personal e-mail accounts as well as saved a copy to a thumb drive. The thumb drive is how I read it!
                  I'd be interested in taking a read.
                  Originally posted by K40

Comment

What is the topic in the email about?

Comment

Originally posted by tas81685 View Post
                      What is the topic in the email about?
                      Maybe something to this effect?

TC, would you be kind enough to PM me the poop you have, thanks....

Trooper resigned because of traffic policies

Staff Reports
                      Sunday, July 10, 2011, 12:00am
                      By Matt Getts

[email protected]

It was Tim Fulk’s dream to be an Indiana State Trooper.

“It’s all I’ve wanted to do,” Fulk, 34, said. “You’d see a state trooper … and that’s the best of the best.”

But after more than 10 years living that dream, Fulk resigned in March, frustrated, he said, with the department’s micromanagement of road troopers and what he felt was an overemphasis on traffic stops rather than other aspects of crime fighting.

“I need a change,” said Fulk, a resident of Steuben County. “The state police is not the state police it was when I came on in 1999. They’re focused on one thing — that’s the traffic.”

In police parlance, “traffic” is stopping vehicles and issuing traffic tickets or warnings.

On June 30, Indiana State Police Superintendent Paul Whitesell sent a memo to all road troopers, announcing a temporary halt to a program that required them to issue two tickets or warnings in each of the three hours per shift they were required to spend in ISP-identified crash-reduction zones.

According to Fulk, and verified by other active troopers who declined to be identified, if a trooper did not have the required number of traffic stops, he or she could be placed on “rescue.” A trooper in rescue, Fulk said, could have overtime hours limited and the off-duty use of driving a marked police car curtailed. Troopers facing “rescue” could be moved to other areas to help them get their required number of traffic stops per shift.

Fulk said his respect for the Indiana State Police led him to make his concerns public.

“I felt I needed to come forward, because it is important for the public to know that their state troopers are being graded based on a quota system,” Fulk said in an email — sent before Whitesell’s announcement that the requirement for traffic stops had been temporarily halted.

Fulk’s message continued, “And obviously, with the achievement of the numbers set forth in the quota affecting a trooper’s evaluation score, which is a significant factor in the promotion scoring system, troopers are going to do what is necessary to reach that quota. This means people are going to be stopped for things they normally wouldn’t, and for things that go beyond what is required to keep the public safe.”

“The Indiana State Police does not utilize or support a quota system,” said 1st Sgt. Dave Bursten, public information officer for the ISP in Indianapolis. “We feel that quotas may take away officer’s discretion and are not an effective way to measure performance and service to the public. As a matter of fact, the Indiana State Police helped to shepherd a bill through the Indiana Legislature in 1994 that would prohibit the department from ever using traffic tickets as a primary or sole means of evaluating our troopers.”

Three other troopers told KPC Media Group they felt pressured to reach their required number of traffic stops. If they did not reach their required number of stops, they felt the could become subject to disciplinary action.

Fulk now teaches criminal justice at ITT Tech in Fort Wayne. One day, he said, he would like to resume his career as a police officer.

“I would love to continue with law enforcement, working part-time or as a reserve somewhere,” Fulk said

Comment

Surfer, that's similar content to the e-mail I read the other night, but this one goes into much, much more depth about ISP. Can't remember the troops name.

Comment

He got suspended over this from what I hear. I also heard those who still maintain a copy of the email will be disciplined as well.

Comment

Originally posted by blue thunder View Post
                            He got suspended over this from what I hear. I also heard those who still maintain a copy of the email will be disciplined as well.
                            Haha, let them try to discipline a Trooper for keeping a copy of what was e-mailed to him. That won't go over well.

The State Police keeps getting more and more ridiculous. They're really turning into a joke. It's been several years since i've spoken to one who actually enjoys being a Trooper.
                            Last edited by PtlCop; 07-19-2011, 04:30 PM.
                            Originally posted by K40

Comment

Originally posted by blue thunder View Post
                              Agreed. I heard that same thing. Something like by the next afternoon he was suspended.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5065 users online. 322 members and 4743 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X