300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor Mill

Anyone here the latest rumor that IMPD may be taking back the wagons?? A wagon driver brought it up last week, but I haven't heard really anything else about it.

If IMPD does take over the wagons, what are those drivers going to be transferred to? I also heard that MECA may also be put under the public safety umbrella and taking it out of the hands of the sheriff. If that happens, will it go back to the days where if it wasn't a police matter, we won't get dispatched to it? Not much I can do when a ghost is touching your butt and it's an ongoing problem...

Thoughts, opinions, factual information?

I've heard the rumor about the wagons but haven't heard any confirmatory information on it. If we did it would be a good way for some of the officers hired after the merge to learn how much it sucks to run the wagon and that you shouldn't arrest every Tom/Dick/Harry for DWS/Prior or Op Never Received just because you can.

As far as MECA goes, someone at the FOP meeting last night said that it was under the control of IMPD but didn't elaborate.

Comment

I second hearing the MECA under IMPD.
      Also heard there are huge changes coming from a staqff meeting last week. But we have no further information. I guess I'll wait until the INDY Star prints it to find out how my job will be changing...

Comment

The push coming from the city is to disolve MECA and move its facilities and equipment under the Public Safety Director. It would become the Communications Division of the DPS, but the Sheriff would still be in charge of personnel and running the facility.

Comment

Originally posted by IndySoldier1983 View Post
          The push coming from the city is to disolve MECA and move its facilities and equipment under the Public Safety Director. It would become the Communications Division of the DPS, but the Sheriff would still be in charge of personnel and running the facility.
          What is the point of having two different entities in charge of MECA? Either DPS takes it over completely or leave it under the control of the Sheriff. I wish the powers-that-be would quit ****-ing stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
            What is the point of having two different entities in charge of MECA? Either DPS takes it over completely or leave it under the control of the Sheriff. I wish the powers-that-be would quit ****-ing stuff up.
            Politics

Comment

money!

bigger piece of the pie
              This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Originally posted by Ra1nMak3R View Post
                Anyone here the latest rumor that IMPD may be taking back the wagons?? A wagon driver brought it up last week, but I haven't heard really anything else about it.
                I asked a wagon driver about this two days ago. Said he hasn't heard anything about IMPD taking over wagons. He did make some sort of comment about how they took the wagons away from them, as in personally. He made it sound like they used to get wagons issued to them as take-home vehicles....I might have misunderstood that part though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwntwn317 View Post
                  I asked a wagon driver about this two days ago. Said he hasn't heard anything about IMPD taking over wagons. He did make some sort of comment about how they took the wagons away from them, as in personally. He made it sound like they used to get wagons issued to them as take-home vehicles....I might have misunderstood that part though.
                  They did and they're no longer take homes. As for IMPD taking over wagons, highly doubt that'll happen.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4094 users online. 221 members and 3873 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X