300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILEA Academy for Nothwest IN Departments

Do all recruits go to the same academy location no matter what PD they are hired by, and are they all a live in academy?
    Title is was meant to say "Northwest" r not working great.

NILEA in Hobart, IN is not a live in academy. Each morning you arrive and must be in attention at 6:30am. I actually just returned from watching their last class graduate. Next class begins in August.

Comment

Originally posted by Reef_Cop View Post
      NILEA in Hobart, IN is not a live in academy. Each morning you arrive and must be in attention at 6:30am. I actually just returned from watching their last class graduate. Next class begins in August.
      Thanks for the reply. I'm at the interview stage for a NW indiana dept and I'm hoping if I get hired and don't get waiver trained they send me to that academy, moving my family almost a thousand miles away and then saying oh yeah I gotta goto a live in academy for 4 months isn't going to go over well.

Comment

It also depends on the schedule of the academy. My department sent the last group of hires to the Northwest academy, however the 3 guys before that went to ILEA in Plainfield (residential academy). Most of the time you will be sent to the one in Hobart but its not a 100% guarentee.

Comment

Not sure what Department you're going for, but I think Hammond is sending all new hires to ILEA Plainfield?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3874 users online. 211 members and 3663 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X