300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILEA question

Just trying to get an understanding of how the ILEA physical test is conducted.

I clearly understand that ILEA has Entrance and Exit standards. And that the entrance standardportion is completed generaly at the local level by teh hiring department except a few which actulay have the applicants go to ILEA.

The question is, for the 300M and 1.5 run:

Are these conducted on a track, where you have to run so many laps in a circle or are they based on running the perimeter of the facility a certain numbver of times?
    Curious to know so that my shins and ankles could be ready for what they will be pounded on. Anyone who has run concrete or asphalt knows it is not forgiving to the legs when compared to a track.

Also, I would asume that the other 3 test are performed like they would anywhre else. Someone holds your feet for teh sit ups, partener has a fist under you for push ups and teh vertical is all you.

TIA

And if there is anythng else that may be of help I would appreciate it.

The 300 meter is on an asphalt track that has a curve in the middle of it. It can be kind of deceptive as to how much further you have to go. The 1.5 mile is conducted on the EVO track. The track is 1.1 miles long so you go a lap and then a but more. The other three tests are done inside. Everything you need to know is at: http://www.in.gov/ilea/2338.htm
    "Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."
    John Adams, April 15, 1814

Comment

Originally posted by Marksman1 View Post

I clearly understand that ILEA has Entrance and Exit standards. And that the entrance standardportion is completed generaly at the local level by teh hiring department except a few which actulay have the applicants go to ILEA.

Are these conducted on a track, where you have to run so many laps in a circle or are they based on running the perimeter of the facility a certain numbver of times?
      Curious to know so that my shins and ankles could be ready for what they will be pounded on. Anyone who has run concrete or asphalt knows it is not forgiving to the legs when compared to a track.

Also, I would asume that the other 3 test are performed like they would anywhre else. Someone holds your feet for teh sit ups, partener has a fist under you for push ups and teh vertical is all you.

TIA

Unless things have changed, departments test you at the local level to make sure you can meet the exit standards. Also, upon reporting to ILEA the first day, you still do the entire entrance test again. For awhile, they were having recruits show up a few weeks early to complete this test. Last guy we sent up did it all on the first day.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by Marksman1 View Post

TIA

When I ran the 1.5 mile on the ILEA evoc track, my time was a little better than when I ran on a standardized track (4 laps= 1 mile). The ILEA track is better on some recruits mentally, due to the elimination of constant turns that you would experience on a standardized track.

Comment

Update

The track is having some work done. The 1.5 is being done with 3.5 laps around the main building. 300m taking place on small 5 lane track as normal.

Comment

3.5 laps that's it? Wow doesnt seem nearly as long.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5001 users online. 295 members and 4706 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X