300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflicting answers-color vision

I understand this is a common theme on this forum, but I keep getting conflicting answers regarding ILEA/IMPD.

I have a degree in CJ and have worked as an Auxiliary Officer. While an intern and auxiliary officer, I have not once had an issue identifying colors on the road or in any other situation. To make a long story short, I was going to go through a cert academy in Michigan but during my MCOLES medical, I found out I am color impaired??? Failed the dot test and the D-15 test (barely).

Anyways, I have been getting conflicted answers regarding how things work in Indiana. A few people told me that color vision was a departmental requirement and somebody quite emphatically told me it was a state thing. I called IMPD to try to get an answer and got put on hold and was on hold for 30 minutes before I hung up.

Anybody know?

Thanks in advance and stay safe out there!
    Stay safe out there

"Cancel that central, its a moose"

been there, done that. PM sent

Comment

I'll check with the IMPD academy staff and get back to you.

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
      Toby Keith

Comment

I am a sworn officer with IMPD. I fail the dot test for red, and have since I was a kid, and did so during the medical for hiring. They gave me a different test that I was able to pass. So, at least a certain level of color blindness is acceptable.
        I miss you, Dave.
        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Thanks everybody!
          Stay safe out there

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
            I am a sworn officer with IMPD. I fail the dot test for red, and have since I was a kid, and did so during the medical for hiring. They gave me a different test that I was able to pass. So, at least a certain level of color blindness is acceptable.
            Same thing for me, but I work for the state. As long as you're not completely colorblind you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
              yep
              This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate it

Stay safe out there
                Stay safe out there

Comment

Indiana is rather liberal on the vision testing, you should have no problems.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4908 users online. 296 members and 4612 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X