300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone fill me in on the position of PSD

As you can imagine, the amount of rumors and opinions flying around the lunch table with a group of retired IPD/MCSD guys is in no short supply, but I heard something recently that raised my curiosity. I've been hearing that Straub and his assistant marched into the Eagle Creek range demanding a service weapon, and that Straub had requested some sort of badge from IMPD, but I'm now hearing that he made a traffic stop last week. I was under the impression that the position of PSD was a civilian position for the City of Indianapolis, not IMPD. Maybe someone in the know could enlighten me. If he is a civilian employee, then I'd really like to know why he has a marked/unmarked IMPD vehicle, or was he just yelling "I'm centurion Straub......pull over!"

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
    Toby Keith

I don't know, but he may have appointed himself as a special police officer. The PSD has the sole authority to appoint special police officers to exercise powers up to the level of those held by an IMPD officer.

Comment

Originally posted by CrashBandicoot View Post
      I don't know, but he may have appointed himself as a special police officer. The PSD has the sole authority to appoint special police officers to exercise powers up to the level of those held by an IMPD officer.
      Pretty scary. I don't remember Bob Turner or Scott Newman playing wannabe

Toby Keith

Comment

I don't know how he got it, or if he demanded it, but I got to see his badge when he waved it around about 6 times during our ***-chewing at inservice. He was not the one who made the stop. His driver did, while the PSD was still logged on, on the laptop. My understanding is the PSD was not in the vehicle at the time.

Comment

Sec. 251-601. - Appointment of special police.

"The director of the department of public safety may appoint and swear firefighters and other qualified persons as special police officers to perform special duty within the consolidated city on behalf of any city department or city agency. "

They must have a very loose intepretation of the word "qualified"

Toby Keith

Comment

Originally posted by 55-502 View Post
            Pretty scary. I don't remember Bob Turner or Scott Newman playing wannabe
            Bob Turner could have, he was IPD.
            Do your best, do what is right

Comment

This pud is a loose cannon waiting to explode.
              This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

In the name of fairness, it was not Straub that made the stops. It was his driver. They are linked together in the CAD so it looks like Straub when it is in fact not. Now was his driver in uniform? He drives an unmarked CV.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
                  In the name of fairness, it was not Straub that made the stops. It was his driver. They are linked together in the CAD so it looks like Straub when it is in fact not. Now was his driver in uniform? He drives an unmarked CV.
                  I appreciate your reply. I agree we must be fair, even to power hungry schmucks

Toby Keith

Comment

MCSD241 - Post #4 of the thread. Catch up, bro

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4946 users online. 303 members and 4643 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X