Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we losing the battle and war against Meth?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we losing the battle and war against Meth?

Hows the meth problem out there? Are you seeing an increase or a decrease? If your like us, it is booming. Even though the numbers don't reflect it from the State. As you all may know, ISP MSS lost its DEA money, along with the rest of the States. Smaller departments will not be able to pay for the clean-up. What will we do?

Yes, we're losing it. We're losing the war on drugs period.
    Originally posted by K40
    To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
    ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by BBFH22 View Post
      Smaller departments will not be able to pay for the clean-up. What will we do?
      I guess it will end up becoming a wait till they catch fire and burn up type situation. Not good for everyone (innocent occupants, other occupants in the case of apartment meth labs, and the first responders that will be responding to more and more chemical structure fires) involved.

Comment

I have not run across any meth in a number of years. Are you guys finding high grade or home made?
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I agree with ptlcop. The war on drugs was lost a long time ago.Its a shame the politicians in this country dont try something other than throwing money at enforcement. I feel we should legalize marijuana. Its about time. What a tremendous waste of time arresting someone for the sake of simply possessing it. Im saying that the war on drugs is a modern day prohibition and we saw the results of that . Its a battle we cant win.Its not a matter of persistance or moral values. Al Capone once said "all i ever did was give the people what they wanted". With that being said this country consumes more illegal drugs than anyother in the world. If we cant change the demand we cant stop the supply. Furthermore up north we havent seen much meth at all. cocaine is still king here.

Comment

Never have been winning, and we never will win the war on drugs.

Comment

To show a little perspective....

There are an estimated 20 million (infoplease.com) drug users in the United States in 2004 and nearly 400,000 local and state police.

There is absolutely no way we can ever stop whats going on. We can only hinder the process.
              This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Originally posted by j706 View Post
                I have not run across any meth in a number of years. Are you guys finding high grade or home made?
                "Home" grade, we found two rolling in the last year.

Most of our drug arrests are pot though. Personally I think its a waste of resources to lock up a pot head. Make'em pay a fine and cut them loose. Call it toker tax...I don't care.
                This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

We won't do what it takes to actually "win" the war on drugs. Much like illegal immigration we take a middle ground of being illegal but very little enforcment or punishment for the vast majority of those involved. Start beheading drug dealers, it'll slack off. Legalize it to end the turf wars, it'll slack off. Status Quo, well that can go on forever. Lock up a dealer and its just a new job opening. Lock up a user and you've just taken a customer out of the loop for 18 hours. The only thing the prohibition is done is keep it (mostly) out of public view.
                  I miss you, Dave.
                  http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3820 users online. 247 members and 3573 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X