300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Crushed

I was accepted for Reserves but dismissed because of my tattoos. I was hoping I could wear long sleaves or even underarmor shirts. But they said they stick to short sleave in the summer. Man it is over 3,000 to remove one large tattoo and I have several. Man this really sucks. I want on bad to get my foot in the door but being a dad and having a family to support it just isnt practical to spend that much to erase years of mistakes. Hangin my head low burnt out in the jail scene ready for something different. I knew it was to good to be true.

Originally posted by ibsman26 View Post
    I was accepted for Reserves but dismissed because of my tattoos. I was hoping I could wear long sleaves or even underarmor shirts. But they said they stick to short sleave in the summer. Man it is over 3,000 to remove one large tattoo and I have several. Man this really sucks. I want on bad to get my foot in the door but being a dad and having a family to support it just isnt practical to spend that much to erase years of mistakes. Hangin my head low burnt out in the jail scene ready for something different. I knew it was to good to be true.
    I'm sorry to hear this, I feel bad for you. Heck, it's not an issue with IMPD, there's a rookie on the road now with dual revolvers tattooed on his forearms

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
    Toby Keith

Comment

I am waiting on them to do a hiring process. If i could just get on somewhere I would spend a little at a time to get then removed

Comment

Hi ibsman, sorry to hear this.

I can only image, if you worked in the jail they would have seen the tattoos prior. again, very sorry to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by 55-502 View Post
          I'm sorry to hear this, I feel bad for you. Heck, it's not an issue with IMPD, there's a rookie on the road now with dual revolvers tattooed on his forearms

That rookie is not out of the 7th class unless someone went and got work done after the academy. However, I've seen most of the 7th class recently and haven't seen this tattoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus08 View Post
            That rookie is not out of the 7th class unless someone went and got work done after the academy. However, I've seen most of the 7th class recently and haven't seen this tattoo.
            I'm not sure what class he came from, but he's solo in East District now. Not complaining about his tatt's, just comparing policies.

Toby Keith

Comment

Originally posted by 55-502 View Post
              I'm not sure what class he came from, but he's solo in East District now. Not complaining about his tatt's, just comparing policies.
              Those East District officers... always stirring up trouble.

Comment

I resemble that remark! Too bad I'm not over there any more, I could be the head troublemaker.

Comment

I don't know what they look like but you can't even put a bandage on them?

You could also try these things in the meantime:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4780230_remo...naturally.html

World_So_Cold

Comment

Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
                    I resemble that remark! Too bad I'm not over there any more, I could be the head troublemaker.
                    I'm not over there either. I work in God's country lol.

Comment

Yeah, one in particular, but he gets that from his father!

Toby Keith

Comment

PM sent. There are other Hendricks County agency's that use reserves. And just think,you wouldn't have to wear one of those goofy looking hats all the time either.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Its a special kind of family....

Comment

Theres a greenfield police officer who has a "sleeve" tattoo he just has to cover it up. There are depts that will hire you and last time I checked greenfield police is not a low level dept. Just dont give up

Comment

ibsman26,
                              Your dream isn't crushed, it just not gonna happen with that agency. Simply move on and apply at other agencies. Some agencies are sensitive to how their officers look, and don't think tattoos are a look they want with their officers. Some agencies don't give tattoos much thought as long as they get a good officer. Just keep trying and don't give up. Look at some federal agencies. I know Veteran Affairs police don't have strict policies on tattoos there are probably other federal agencies that don't either. Just don't stop and keep trying. As for the ***shat that said you were a scumbag, don't mind them any more than you would a troll.
                              GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3691 users online. 197 members and 3494 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X