300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of state transfers

Hello there everyone. I currently live and am a cop in Florida, but am looking to possibly move to IN. What steps do I need to go through to get my Indiana police cert? I've been leo about 8 years down here in FL.

A piggy back question on that. I'm looking to move to somewhere around Fountain, Tippecanoe, or Benton counties (wife's family lives there), what medium sized agencies, Sheriff's Offices are hiring around there? Also what is y'all's opinion about going highway patrol? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

We have a State Police, I think the application deadline for the current process has passed. As far as transferring contact the director of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy. His email address is listed on the website, www.in.gov/ilea, he will be able to help you.

Comment

TBL, you would have to first get hired on a department here in Indiana. Then, the department would send your training paperwork, etc to ILEA. Typically, ILEA would have you take an Indiana Criminal Law, Traffic Law, and pass the state firearms qual, then should be good to go.

We've had guys from Florida come up before and that's usually the process.

Comment

Originally posted by IndySoldier1983 View Post
        We have a State Police, I think the application deadline for the current process has passed. As far as transferring contact the director of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy. His email address is listed on the website, www.in.gov/ilea, he will be able to help you.
        The director is a bumbling idiot, i'd by shocked to learn that he knows how to check his e-mail. If you want an answer, speak to the office ladies. They'll tell you exactly what needs to be done. That or look at the post right above mine...
        Originally posted by K40
        To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
        ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
          The director is a bumbling idiot, i'd by shocked to learn that he knows how to check his e-mail. If you want an answer, speak to the office ladies. They'll tell you exactly what needs to be done. That or look at the post right above mine...
          He checks his email and he answers questions with information that has been accurate when I've dealt with him.

Comment

Originally posted by IndySoldier1983 View Post
            He checks his email and he answers questions with information that has been accurate when I've dealt with him.
            I agree 100%. I've had nothing but good interactions with Director Goodpaster. Has always been spot-on with any information he's been asked about while in training at ILEA or via e-mail which he promptly responds to.
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
              The director is a bumbling idiot, i'd by shocked to learn that he knows how to check his e-mail.
              Rusty?

Comment

I moved here from Michigan, so I'm trying to go thru the same process. Goodpaster is a pretty good guy. I've had a few conversations with him, and he seems to know what to do. Just don't forget about PERF, the state sponsored retirement. The age cutoff is 36, and that's what kept me from most large agencies. Small towns and County SO's don't have the age cap. Good luck in your transfer!!

Comment

Think long and hard about your move.Indiana isnt union friendly to police and im willing to bet your current pension and benefits are much better than anything you'll find in this state. Id only make the move if you absolutely must.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4475 users online. 288 members and 4187 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X