Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ISP hiring again??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ISP hiring again??

    I got an email today stating that they are now accepting applications for Troopers and Capitol Police. Considering they have a class that is halfway through the academy right now, this surprises me. Have they lost a lot of officers in the last year or did they decide to expand the amount of positions throughout the state?

    I made it down to the last couple hundred of applicants before being cut loose for the 70th class, but since then I've heard a lot of bad things about ISP concering employment, budgets, etc... Not sure if I want to re-apply or not.

  • #2
    Originally posted by FWKRTJ View Post
    I got an email today stating that they are now accepting applications for Troopers and Capitol Police. Considering they have a class that is halfway through the academy right now, this surprises me. Have they lost a lot of officers in the last year or did they decide to expand the amount of positions throughout the state?

    I made it down to the last couple hundred of applicants before being cut loose for the 70th class, but since then I've heard a lot of bad things about ISP concering employment, budgets, etc... Not sure if I want to re-apply or not.
    We had about 12 Troopers in our recent hiring process, and about 8 in the one before that. If that trend is the norm, it would lead me to believe that they're having trouble retaining their people. They've also been laying off their commercial vehicle inspectors left and right. I'd be weary of applying at this time.
    Originally posted by K40
    To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
    ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

    Comment


    • #3
      I would advise against getting on with ISP right now!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Does ISP accept out of state laterals?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by WillB1smday View Post
          Does ISP accept out of state laterals?
          You would have to be accepted and go throught the full academy.

          Comment


          • #6
            I wouldn't be looking to hard at ISP, I have 3 super close friends that are troops and they all are in the processes with other depts. 1 was given a conditional and just has to pass his psych and the other 2 are almost to their conditional as well..

            They all say moral is terrible, politics are terrible and the policies and procedures they are running with are horrid..

            I'd say ISP is going to start becoming what some smaller cities and counties have been for years, a way to get the academy and move on!!
            "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by K9krazy21 View Post
              I wouldn't be looking to hard at ISP, I have 3 super close friends that are troops and they all are in the processes with other depts. 1 was given a conditional and just has to pass his psych and the other 2 are almost to their conditional as well..

              They all say moral is terrible, politics are terrible and the policies and procedures they are running with are horrid..

              I'd say ISP is going to start becoming what some smaller cities and counties have been for years, a way to get the academy and move on!!
              10-4 I'll wait till something better comes out!

              Comment


              • #8
                there's a 40 year age limit - is there a waiver for that with laterals?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ilcitycop View Post
                  there's a 40 year age limit - is there a waiver for that with laterals?
                  no...the state is a firm believer in age discrimination.
                  This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

                  STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Be careful about using ISP just for the academy, because now you have to be on for 4 years before they will let you go. It puts a little speed bump in your future career plans
                    UH-60 Blackhawk Pilot
                    Land of the free, because of the brave!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by HawkPilot View Post
                      Be careful about using ISP just for the academy, because now you have to be on for 4 years before they will let you go. It puts a little speed bump in your future career plans
                      It was 5 years or $50,000. Did they change that?
                      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

                      * "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

                      * Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by towncop View Post
                        It was 5 years or $50,000. Did they change that?
                        4 years and $43,xxx. And anybody who would go through 24 weeks of that madness *just* to have the academy under their belt is crazy. Go through another local dept for a shorter academy and go elsewhere if you wish...but use the ISP as a stepping stone? Forget that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TOPPED_OUT View Post
                          4 years and $43,xxx. And anybody who would go through 24 weeks of that madness *just* to have the academy under their belt is crazy. Go through another local dept for a shorter academy and go elsewhere if you wish...but use the ISP as a stepping stone? Forget that.
                          My LT is retired ISP and said when he went through the academy back in the '70s, they had a guy who finished top 5 in the entire class and after graduation told them he didn't want the job, that he did the academy has a college prank. Needless to say ISP got the last laugh when he got the bill.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            About FWKRTJ
                            Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry:Yes.
                            Are You a Sworn Police Officer:Yes.
                            Occupation:Student.
                            Location:Indiana.
                            How did you find Officer.com?:google search

                            So are you a student or a cop? I'm confused
                            I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it

                            "But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet
                            it" - Thucydides

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Haha, guess I need to update my information. No longer a student. Graduated in the winter.
                              Last edited by FWKRTJ; 02-10-2011, 12:15 AM.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5237 users online. 310 members and 4927 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X