300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danville MPD Hiring

Danville MPD is taking apps for one patrolman until Jan.31,2011. 77 PERF, decent pay (43K),take home cars and good equipment. 25 member agency that is a pretty good place to work with minimal micromanagement and a chief that supports his officers. DMPD Admin.317-745-2486
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

j706, Is it alright if I pm you with a few questions regarding the department and hiring process?

Comment

j706, would you mind if i pm'ed you also?

Comment

PM's answered
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Danville MPD? Danville Metropolitan Police Department? As in Danville, IN in Hendricks County? If so, any truth to the rumor that the city/town spike healthcare costs to the employees? I heard their healthcare costs went through the roof.

Comment

Yes Hendricks County. The HI had been going up for the past five years. Last year we went to the city's,towns and county's HI. I don't think mine went up this year very much. I pay around 150.00 per two week pay period for the family plan.

Comment

So if you went to the county's plan, can you go to the free clinic in the hospital than?

Comment

Originally posted by Glock32j View Post
                So if you went to the county's plan, can you go to the free clinic in the hospital than?
                I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by j706 View Post
                  I pay around 150.00 per two week pay period for the family plan.
                  Health/vision/dental?

Comment

Originally posted by fw268 View Post
                    Health/vision/dental?
                    Correct

Comment

Newer equipment? Do you guys qualify with a rifle or shotgun?

Comment

Originally posted by Glock32j View Post
                        Newer equipment? Do you guys qualify with a rifle or shotgun?
                        Both. Most everything is new or newer. Issued Glock 22 gen 4's,Colt M16's,Remington 870's and Taser X26's.

Hendricks County uses Plainfield's Centralized dispatch (Very, very bad IMO with poor service and little basic critical information,wrong county or city runs ect.) Zclient (Junk IMO) for CAD. No in car radios...portables only (Very Bad IMO). Last I heard new car orders will be Impalas (Bad IMO) Six days on and three off. No OT ever,comp time only at straight time only.
                        Last edited by j706; 01-18-2011, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Both. Most everything is new or newer. Issued Glock 22 gen 4's,Colt M16's,Remington 870's and Taser X26's.

Hendricks County uses Plainfield's Centralized dispatch (Very, very bad IMO with poor service and little basic critical information,wrong county or city runs ect.) Zclient (Junk IMO) for CAD. No in car radios...portables only (Very Bad IMO). Last I heard new car orders will be Impalas (Bad IMO) Six days on and three off. No OT ever,comp time only at straight time only.
                          Hmmm, you sure you don't work for IMPD??? Haha.

Comment

Is there anything good about the department?!?!?!?!? Can you use your patrol cars state-wide when off duty? I take it you have to live inside city limits.
                            thanks for anserwing all my questions j706

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
                              Hmmm, you sure you don't work for IMPD??? Haha.
                              Nope not IMPD but the same system

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11638 users online. 408 members and 11230 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X