X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baptist Ministers Call for Firing of Straub

Chuckle, chuckle........

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/24736872/detail.html

I'll contribute bus fare back to New York.
    Did I fire six shots, or only five?

While I'm no longer a supporter of Straub since he threw the department under the bus, you also must understand the true motive for their dislike of him. They blame him for the demotion of Deputy Chief Pierce, who apparently handed out several favors to the Concerned Clergy and others. The rumor was that Felony Battery on LE charges mysteriously disappeard from Rev. Clay's (Leader of the concerned clergy) record after a phone call to Pierce. Straub can leave and take these pseudo clergy thugs with him.

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
    Toby Keith

Comment

Originally posted by 55-502 View Post
      Straub can leave and take these pseudo clergy thugs with him. 502
      Now there's a win-win scenario, if I've ever heard one!

Comment

I know a grand total of 0 Straub supporters. Several officers that I have added on Facebook have expressed their thoughts on Straub...none of which were good thoughts.

I'll pitch in for the bus fare.
        Rest In Peace Officer David Moore

Gone, but not forgotten. EOW 1/26/11

Poison - talk dirty to me - I was the baddest mo fo in my 6th grade Catholic School
        -Crass Cop

Comment

Straub has no effect on me what so ever so I don't have a dog in the hunt. But from what I gather,no longer than he has been in Indpls. I am inclined to think he needs to take his NY values (None) back to NY. He sounds and looks like a blooming *** idiot. Hang in there Indy guys. Stuff will get better. It always does.
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Unfortunately he said he won't resign and Ballard doesn't have the cojones to fire him. Maybe the City-County Council can intervene and dismiss him.

Comment

Here's a little tid bit from his hometown paper.

WPCNR POLICE GAZETTE. Special to WPCNR. November 12, 2009 UPDATED NOVEMBER 14, 2009 in italic type: Commissioner of Public Safety Dr. Frank Straub resigned from his position Friday by submitting a letter of resignation to the law department according to The Journal News, which reports Straub is leaving effective today. A call to city hall by WPCNR inquiring of the status of the Commissioner was not returned. However the Journal News report failed to indicate who was commanding the department.

Mayor Joseph Delfino told WPCNR Thursday evening that the resignation was effective next Tuesday. It is unclear now whether the Common Council will terminate him as they had intended to do Monday evening. The council could not fire him Monday evening anyway because unanimous consent is needed to consider an ordinance, and that was not likely forthcoming since Mayor Joseph Delfino and Councilman Glen Hockley are supporters of Straub.

Toby Keith

Comment

Wonder why he quit his chushy job in WHITE PLAINS (not New York City)? He couldn't run a public safety department in a city of 170,000 why should he think he has a clue in our city of 1 million plus? I would truly like to know why he was run out of town. He might have been involved in law enforcement his whole career but he has never been a Cop.

Comment

I really don't care if he stays or goes.

My first thought is if the Baptist Ministers hate him then you need to keep him around.

Let him be the punching bag for a while. They will hate the next guy even more!
                  This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat62 View Post
                    Wonder why he quit his chushy job in WHITE PLAINS (not New York City)? He couldn't run a public safety department in a city of 170,000 why should he think he has a clue in our city of 1 million plus? I would truly like to know why he was run out of town. He might have been involved in law enforcement his whole career but he has never been a Cop.
                    I will give the guy a pass with the White Plains firing, based on what I read. If you really want all the details, just use Google. Basically, NJ is bankrupt/broke, and so are most of the cities and counties (as are other states). From what I recall from a White Plains newspaper report, he put the officers on 12 hour shifts which saved money. I don't know if the officers complained, or what happened, but the city council ordered him to put the officers back on some other type of rotation. He refused and was told he would be fired, so they fired him because he stuck to his guns. That is what I got from the news sources I read.

I think what it comes down to is that there are some units of government in this country that have become so bloated, they need to be beheaded because it would take oppressive taxation to continue to provide the usually staffing numbers, bloated pensions, bloated wages, reckless spending, etc.. I think Frank Straub was brought in to make hard cuts in IMPD in terms of finances. Something tells me he was willing to come here and shake up the take home car program, pension benefits, etc. since Indy is basically heading down the same financial disaster as the larger coast cities in NY, NJ, CA, etc.. However, a handful of incidents have taken the focus off costs and put them on police officer actions.

Either way, Ballard is done for, which means Straub is done for. Everyone I know who lives in the city, and likely will vote, wants him gone. They don't care about Republican/Democrat, they just think the entire PD is a mess, and he got his face on TV enough that they place him with the PD. I get bombarded with questions about the most recent incidents involving cops. I have just started telling folks "The department needs good and decent people. They are talking applications now, go and apply." Then I get blank stares, and in their minds they are thinking "No way in hell I'm gonna do that job!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dwntwn317 View Post
                      they just think the entire PD is a mess
                      The entire PD isn't a mess, only certain people within the PD. No matter what anyone does, someone is going to bitch about it. From the top to the bottom no one is without scrutiny and in this day and age, everyone has an opinion about how things should be done.

Comment

Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
                        No matter what anyone does, someone is going to bitch about it. .
                        Some of the anger is honest anger at Bisard, but a majority of the negative public opinion is a convenient outlet for someone who was already angry over a UTT or a recent arrest for their marijuana patch or OWI. They want the Police to be "tough on crime" but not their particular crime.

Toby Keith

Comment

Well I can safely say that I am new to the Public Safety Scene there in Indy and I am already totally willing to pay for his WHOLE bus fair.....

I have totally agree with the comment on how the WHOLE IMPD Department is not messed up. Its only a few bad apples ruining the bushell. Just from my dealings with him in regards to my department (ACCD) I am done with him. Hell - I'd drive him back home if it would help!
                          There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

Originally posted by 55-502 View Post
                            Some of the anger is honest anger at Bisard, but a majority of the negative public opinion is a convenient outlet for someone who was already angry over a UTT or a recent arrest for their marijuana patch or OWI. They want the Police to be "tough on crime" but not their particular crime.
                            Oh I'm clear.

Comment

And the hits just keep on coming.

Chief Ciesielski focuses on Straub's PR image on day of Bisard crash:

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-strau...,3362941.story

Sunday Indianapolis Star front page story: 14 IMPD officers arrested since 2008

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100827/NEWS/100827021

Man....talk about blood in the water!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4983 users online. 308 members and 4675 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X