300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another black eye.... sigh...

When is all this negative press going to end? Here comes another hurdle to jump...

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/State...101312619.html

Story Created: Aug 23, 2010 at 1:31 PM EDT

(Story Updated: Aug 23, 2010 at 1:33 PM EDT )

MARION COUNTY — A 31-year member of the Indiana State Police, who served as the State Police lieutenant, resigned from the department Friday after being questioned about missing checks that were delivered to the toll road post of the Indiana State Police.

According to a release issued by the Indiana State Police Monday, Dallard Tackett, 58, allegedly cashed the checks for personal benefit instead of being forwarded to the fiscal division of the Indiana State Police in Indianapolis. Prior to resigning, Tackett was a lieutenant and the commander of the toll road post located in Bristol, Ind.

Employees of the Indiana State Police noticed irregularities in the frequency of deferral checks received from prosecutors in several northern Indiana counties. Deferral funds are fines that go to local counties. Prosecutors have the discretion to provide a portion of the fines to the Indiana State Police and other law enforcement agencies. The funds are used for the purchase of equipment and law enforcement officer training.

According to the release, state police employees notified the supervisory personnel about the irregularities on Thursday. Detectives assigned to the Indiana State Police Criminal Investigation Division began an investigation on Friday morning. During the investigation, Tackett submitted his resignation.

Police say the investigation is still ongoing and may take several weeks to complete. The amount of missing funds could exceed several thousand dollars from at least three counties and could involve up to seven counties.
    When the investigation is complete, a county of venue will be determined and the investigation will be submitted to that county prosecutor for review and action.

Police say an investigation of this nature typically takes several days or weeks to be reviewed before the announcement is made whether to file charges.

The Indiana State Police does not generally release the name of a suspect in an investigation. Nor does the agency typically quantify an estimated loss when the investigation is not complete since the assessment could prove incorrect.
    Last edited by bobcoop06; 08-23-2010, 05:36 PM. Reason: Typo

Don't forget the hit and run with IMPD as well. Just doesn't seem there's an end in sight, but let's hope there is!

Comment

31 freaking years over several thousand bucks. This cat must've been at the top of his recruit school.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Negative press will never end. They want their ratings and viewers. How do they do that? Not by promoting good things in a department. The majority of the public, for some reason I don't understand, loves to associate with the idea that all cops are bad.
        Rest In Peace Officer David Moore

Gone, but not forgotten. EOW 1/26/11

Poison - talk dirty to me - I was the baddest mo fo in my 6th grade Catholic School
        -Crass Cop

Comment

And now add the possible incident with a Lebanon off duty LEO concerning a pulled weapon and a bar. And then one of my best friends just resigned from ISP over some sort of eticket fiasco. One of those infamous ISP resign or be fired thingy s. SHeezzzz. Where's it gonna end?
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

And add the Lawrence officer who thought it was smart to stand on the seat of his department motorcycle while riding down 56th St. Granted nobody was injured thankfully, but not the time to be pulling stunts with the media attention on police.

Comment

New allegation against IMPD. Officer had crash damage repaired at a private garage.

Comment

I love my job i love my job i love my job

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
                  The power of positive thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
                    +1

Comment

Originally posted by j706 View Post
                      And now add the possible incident with a Lebanon off duty LEO concerning a pulled weapon and a bar. And then one of my best friends just resigned from ISP over some sort of eticket fiasco. One of those infamous ISP resign or be fired thingy s. SHeezzzz. Where's it gonna end?
                      Last edited by jcwell23; 08-26-2010, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jcwell23 View Post
                        Your buddy was running plates and writing tickets, thinking if he didn't turn in a paper copy to the court nobody would know. Well a lot of the courts are on JTAC so they got uploaded and he caused about 40 people's license to get suspended. He's a dirtbag and I'm glad he's gone.
                        You can't screw around with eticket men. Those tickets go everywhere and can be seen by anybody with administrative access.

I can't wait for eticket 2.0!!!
                        This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

Originally posted by jcwell23 View Post
                          Your buddy was running plates and writing tickets, thinking if he didn't turn in a paper copy to the court nobody would know. Well a lot of the courts are on JTAC so they got uploaded and he caused about 40 people's license to get suspended. He's a dirtbag and I'm glad he's gone.
                          OMFG! What an idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by ummone View Post
                            You can't screw around with eticket men. Those tickets go everywhere and can be seen by anybody with administrative access.

I can't wait for eticket 2.0!!!
                            2.0 is pretty sweet, though the mapping/ location entering is kind of a pain in the butt.

Comment

You guys sure you're not talking about 2.1?? Our agency was one of the first to get the update back in June and it is AWESOME. Many of the mapping bugs have been worked out. We love it.
                              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4966 users online. 309 members and 4657 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X