300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP unmarked SUV's?

Anyone know if ISP District 52 is using unmarked SUV with large wheels? I had a person ask saying they saw one with a vehicle pulled over on I-74 EB near Post Rd.

Yup, it is ghetto-fabulus from what I have heard. Probably a seized car.

Comment

Yep, I saw one on a stop on SB 465 around Emerson. Looked like a tan Explorer.

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
      Toby Keith

Comment

Yes. The state does have, I believe, 4 SUVs they seized in drug raids. They get moved around the state week to week. I was told this by a trooper that was driving one, one night when i assisted him in an OWI stop. Hope that answers your question.

Comment

Is it just me or would anyone else be hesitant to stop for a ghetto fabulous SUV trying to pull you over? Granted I try not to violate the traffic code while in my POV but it could happen. Even if it had red/blue lights I wouldn't completely believe it until I saw the trooper step out in full uniform. I am all for unmarked SUVs to conduct traffic enforcement, but I think one with rims is going a little too far.

Comment

Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
            Is it just me or would anyone else be hesitant to stop for a ghetto fabulous SUV trying to pull you over? .
            Yes, Glock in hand until I see the full uniform!

Toby Keith

Comment

They also have a silver F-150, probably 2000-2003 body style.

Comment

Originally posted by 55-502 View Post
                Yes, Glock in hand until I see the full uniform!

Exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

I have also seen a blue mustang with a white stripe and a black mustang on I-65 between Chicago and Indy lately. I agree with some of the other posters as a citizen I would be hesitant of pulling over until I saw the officer in full uniform. I think it is a great idea and I commend whoever thought of the idea
                  MCSD

Written passed 5/22/2010
                  Physical passed 6/12/2010
                  Oral Interview passed 8/26/2010
                  Background passed 9/20/2010
                  Academy FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by IMPDNE View Post
                    Is it just me or would anyone else be hesitant to stop for a ghetto fabulous SUV trying to pull you over?
                    If there is hesitation or question by fellow Officers concerning this ghetto ride, think about the civilians. Women especially are taught if there is a hint of doubt to continue to drive to a well lit, safe spot and call 911, others might just whip out a hand gun, neither of which being optimal for the Trooper. Maybe ISP should use the ghetto ride in Narcotics or make it a Bait car.

Toby Keith

Comment

They seized Ford Explorers in drug raids and use them as traffic enforcement vehicles? I'd be a little hesitant on pulling over until I got to a safe spot..
                      Rest In Peace Officer David Moore

Gone, but not forgotten. EOW 1/26/11

Poison - talk dirty to me - I was the baddest mo fo in my 6th grade Catholic School
                      -Crass Cop

Comment

I'd be calling 911 as soon as they light up the vehicle. Only when I see a marked car come up and initiate a traffic stop will I then stop.

Comment

+1

Like 55-502 said, they should be used in Vice, not traffic enforcement. Everyone would have reasonable clause to not pullover until they see a fully marked unit. Lord knows what could go wrong with this unmarked ghetto explorer initiating traffic stops.
                          Rest In Peace Officer David Moore

Gone, but not forgotten. EOW 1/26/11

Poison - talk dirty to me - I was the baddest mo fo in my 6th grade Catholic School
                          -Crass Cop

Comment

I saw one of them in downtown fort wayne looked more like a gold yukon or tahoe but the rims were huge and it was lit up like a candle looked like they had a full lightbar in the GRILL!! and then one on the headliner and im pretty sure i saw some lights on the running boards too. I understand being hesitant if it only had a little dashlight but this almost seemed like overkill lol

Comment

I'm not psychic...but I see gloom and doom for the poor guys driving these things.

This ranks up there with placing subjects in the front seat so you can write them a citation!
                              This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9104 users online. 421 members and 8683 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X