300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
    Traffic court is a circus. I hate it. I love the guys that want to fight it but have NOTHING to offer as evidence. All they wanted to say was that they did not do it. Haha. Waste of time.
    Same here. Another thing that galls me is showing up for trial and the person sees you are there and pays. We do not get OT. Comp time only for us. My solution? I don't do traffic anymore.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by j706 View Post
      Same here. Another thing that galls me is showing up for trial and the person sees you are there and pays. We do not get OT. Comp time only for us. My solution? I don't do traffic anymore.
      Isn't that kind of doing a disservice to your community? Just asking.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
        Isn't that kind of doing a disservice to your community? Just asking.
        Yea it probably is. I do traffic, just not like I used to. I just don't write many UTT's anymore unless working project or it is a pretty major violation. If the offense warrants it, I write them. Heck on I-74 I can't hardly work a shift without getting 20 to 30+ over's with routine regularity. Our PO wants us to hook the 28 and overs. Still a UTT but no traffic court of course.
        Last edited by j706; 03-29-2010, 06:37 AM.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Comp time isn't too bad, so long as it is issued out at 1.5x, same at most OT rates. I not only get OT, I get a three hour minimum!! I love it when they show up only to see if I show up, then go and pay. I have usually walked out the door within 30 mins. of start time getting paid for three hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwntwn317 View Post
            Comp time isn't too bad, so long as it is issued out at 1.5x, same at most OT rates. I not only get OT, I get a three hour minimum!! I love it when they show up only to see if I show up, then go and pay. I have usually walked out the door within 30 mins. of start time getting paid for three hours.
            Our comp time is 1 hour for 1 hour. We don't get time and 1/2 on anything. Problem with comp time here is we are only 25 strong and it is hard to get your owed time off. Most things time and pay are screwed up here. I worked OPO in January (New Years Eve) It took until the last week of February to get paid!

If I could make OT on traffic I would be a one ticket writing fool.

Comment

Our comp time is 1 hour for 1 hour. We don't get time and 1/2 on anything. Problem with comp time here is we are only 25 strong and it is hard to get your owed time off. Most things time and pay are screwed up here. I worked OPO in January (New Years Eve) It took until the last week of February to get paid!

If I could make OT on traffic I would be a one ticket writing fool.
              That doesn't seem right. You should really look into laws about how they distribute comp time. I know that federal law has some different rules for LE over-time, but I am pretty sure the OT payout rate, once that # of hours worked is reached, has to be 1.5x. Trust me, if a municipality can, they _will_ screw LEs over in a heartbeat.

Comment

We were advise to write Indpls city ordnance violations because this new law doesnot apply to those. They can still hammer them over those. This new law is stupid. Marion County traffic court was back logged 2-3 months easy. 9 times out of 10, you sit there and they pay it before it goes to trial. What a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat62 View Post
                  We were advise to write Indpls city ordnance violations because this new law doesnot apply to those.
                  That's good info.
                  I miss you, Dave.
                  http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by Dwntwn317 View Post
                    That doesn't seem right. You should really look into laws about how they distribute comp time. I know that federal law has some different rules for LE over-time, but I am pretty sure the OT payout rate, once that # of hours worked is reached, has to be 1.5x. Trust me, if a municipality can, they _will_ screw LEs over in a heartbeat.
                    I think you are probably correct. I asked about it once and the powers to be got all red faced and puffed up. They said something about we are on a six day work week so OT doesn't apply. It didn't really make sense to me. All our other municipal employees here get OT excluding us. The fire guys even get OT. We work six eight's on and three off. I do my six and don't give them anymore unless I have too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3626 users online. 280 members and 3346 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X