300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP and fraudulent recruiting information

I just heard on Channel 13 that ISP was hiring. I thought that was odd given they just laid-off the motor carriers and are closing posts. Anyways, I went to the website and sure enough they are hiring:

http://www.in.gov/isp/

Serve with Strength and Honor
    Indiana State Police seek recruits for 70th Recruit Academy. Individuals who are interested in beginning a rewarding career as an Indiana State Police Trooper may apply here. Applications must be received by midnight on Sunday, February 28, 2010.

Now, I know that in the past, they waived the pay matrix around and told recruits that was the pay scale. The more years of service you have, the higher your pay. We all know that was a joke, as this year the troopers didn't get their longevity pay. Who knows if they ever will, and if the state ever does start giving yearly longevity pay, no one knows if there will be make up pay, or if it will just start where they currently are and move up only one step. I thought that surely the state has finally pulled the pay matrix, since it is currently no longer valid.

So I click the link: http://www.in.gov/isp/2368.htm and discover there is still a pay matrix link. I check out the current matrix. They are still giving out information, via their website, that after 20 years of service, a trooper will make $60,008/year. This is downright deceitful. How can they sit there and provide information they know to be currently false? State police need to put a * next to that matrix link and be truthful with applicants that it could be 25-30 years of service before they actually see $60,008/year. Who knows how long it will take before the state is able to pay for longevity pay??

Laying off the MCI's is appearing to be a sham until the civilian's are gone. Once gone what more proof is needed. The situation is starting to smell of a restructure at the cost of some excellent lower paid professionals to make room for higher paid troops. Cost savings my az, the layoffs were a good public sell, but I just can't buy it.

Comment

I thought we already had a discussion going on about this? Was there really a need to have a new thread started?
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
        I thought we already had a discussion going on about this? Was there really a need to have a new thread started?
        YES!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4960 users online. 321 members and 4639 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X