Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just wanted to let everyone know Muncie P.D. is Hiring!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wanted to let everyone know Muncie P.D. is Hiring!!

Umm nevermind the fact that they have several firefighters laid off, just got 5 officers they laid off back, because they finally accepted a federal grant that they turned down the first time!!!

Guys beware of applying and getting on there, just google Sharon Mcshurley or check out thestarpress.com..

If your really looking for a laugh, search for Muncie city council meetings..

They have super officers there, just the top of the food chain is tearing them apart..
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Numerous, numerous top-notch officers on this department. Just spent a week with a Sgt. at a class at ILEA. Honestly, if I was looking to get my feet wet, based on what he told me, I'd definitely apply.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Hired today, fired tomorrow. I would recommend if you do apply, it's just for academy purposes. I do not believe the mayor is Public Safety friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by K9krazy21 View Post
        Umm nevermind the fact that they have several firefighters laid off, just got 5 officers they laid off back, because they finally accepted a federal grant that they turned down the first time!!!

Guys beware of applying and getting on there, just google Sharon Mcshurley or check out thestarpress.com..

If your really looking for a laugh, search for Muncie city council meetings..

They have super officers there, just the top of the food chain is tearing them apart..
        I wouldn't blast the mayor just because she wouldn't authorize 1,000 cops. Yes, I know I am being silly, but I live in a home valued at $121K by my assessor. I don't want to pay $3,000/year in property taxes just to have a ton of cops and firefighters. From what I have read, McShurley is doing what needs to be done in terms of the budget. Muncie is a rust belt city. They are pushing hard, really hard, to take even more of my money to build some silly train from Muncie to Indy, like that would be the saving grace of Muncie. Ball State seems to be the only thing going for the city, and they have their own PD.

If anything, the problem is K-12 spending. We have superintendents of corporations making more than the governor, and even mayors. The greed of K-12 is no different than any private corporation. Blame the base workers (teachers), while the executive admin is raking in six-figures. K-12 eats away 50-60% of the property taxes paid for by most home owners. If the police and fire want to be angry at someone, they should be angry at the K-12 entities who have spent way too much money on fancy architecture, sports facilities, etc..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5131 users online. 272 members and 4859 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X