300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9th IMPD Process

Might as well get one started. I turned my packet in 2 months ago and waiting till march to get the process started.

Same here buddy. I was originally scheduled to be apart of the 8th app process, but due to traveling circumstances I couldn't make the written exam back in October. Oh well..looking forward to getting things started in a couple months

Comment

My neighbor got a packet of some sort today and i didn't. Just seeing if anyone else got something in the mail? I hope they are sending packets out in alphabetical order.

Comment

Just a heads up. Be familiar with the ILEA PT entrance exams and start getting yourself into some sort of shape. DO NOT show up to the PT test having looked like you've NEVER done anything physical in your life. Our academy PT is Crossfit led by certified Crossfit instructors. It's great stuff. I think we are the first to have a full time Crossfit gym INSIDE our academy open Mon-Fri 0600-1900 open to all police and fire from the City. I use it 5 days a week and it is just one of the perks of working for us. Its about 50-75 dollars a week for a private gym and their hours are not nearly as good. Might look into getting yourself into a Crossfit gym to get yourself ready...it will only help you. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Glock32j View Post
          My neighbor got a packet of some sort today and i didn't. Just seeing if anyone else got something in the mail? I hope they are sending packets out in alphabetical order.
          Check your email. I didn't receive a packet but they sent me an email notifying me that I was in the 9th Process, and when the process will be starting.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
            I think we are the first to have a full time Crossfit gym INSIDE our academy open Mon-Fri 0600-1900 open to all police and fire from the City. I use it 5 days a week and it is just one of the perks of working for us. Its about 50-75 dollars a week for a private gym and their hours are not nearly as good.
            Dang. I totally forgot about the gym at the academy. Do they have a running track in there? I need a place to run that isn't as cold as it is outside. Is there a place I can secure my weapon, or is it pretty safe to just leave it out locked in the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Dwntwn317 View Post
              Dang. I totally forgot about the gym at the academy. Do they have a running track in there? I need a place to run that isn't as cold as it is outside. Is there a place I can secure my weapon, or is it pretty safe to just leave it out locked in the car?
              No-we do our running outside. We have our usual cardio room and weight room but we opened the Indyshield Crossfit Gym back in July. IFD and IMPD dumped about 30-40 thousand in setting up the small gymnasium into Indyshield. http://indyshield.com/ Sorry though, no indoor track.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwntwn317 View Post
                I would say at the academy, you are probably safe leaving it locked in the car. The operative word is "probably." If you don't want to do that, there are lockers inside. Just use one without a name on it, and take your lock with you when you leave.

Comment

I'm in the process as well, they sent me a email stating I was in the 9th process but I have not recieved a packet.

Comment

Is anyone going to sign up for the PAR program?

Comment

I'm in the 9th also.

Attended the first PAR two weeks ago, should be there tonight as well. Last time he said we'd be running through the full ILEA physical test tonight and brrrrr is it cold! 1.5 mile and 300 meter will be fun

Comment

When will they be scheduling test dates? I received something about a pre interview, but nothing else.

Comment

Our class won't start till 2015 the way they keep pushing back class dates!!!
                          UH-60 Blackhawk Pilot
                          Land of the free, because of the brave!

Comment

I better extend my Wal-mart night security job in till then.
                            UH-60 Blackhawk Pilot
                            Land of the free, because of the brave!

Comment

Originally posted by OhioMP View Post
                              Check your email. I didn't receive a packet but they sent me an email notifying me that I was in the 9th Process, and when the process will be starting.
                              When did your email say the process will start?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9842 users online. 473 members and 9369 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X