300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Looking Near New Castle

Anyone know of anything open near New Castle or Richmond? I might even take a Security position just to get into the area. I have a chance to get a house free and I don't want to pass it up.

That area is kinda at a stand still at the moment. I am from near there and there are hardly ever any openings.
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

Security is likely only going to pay $9/hr., so if your willing to take that, why not just move and take anything (even min. wage) until the economy and tax situation works itself out. I personally would look at dispatcher and jailer jobs as well. A job in a jail would likely pay more than security, have better benefits, and at least get you a foot in the door towards a possible patrol position later on.

Right now, you are going to have a really, really hard time finding any government jobs. The government is being careful because of the property tax cuts. The state has already taken in millions _less_ than before, due to the economy. The private sector is holding off as well.

If I were you, I would call around to see if anyone is looking for dispatchers/jailers. Then I would do a good search of surrounding businesses that hire for security. Here are some suggestions:
      In Greenfield there are a few large companies:
      Covance, a Sam's Club/Walmart warehouse (note: Walmarts are all over the place, their upper level security/loss prevention actually pays pretty well), http://www.ipt-inc.com/ , http://www.noveltyinc.com/

Most bank teller jobs pay $10/hr., and there are many banks and credit unions all over that part of the state.

Comment

Why don't you "take" the house, and RENT it out, most rental properties owners are making good money right now because many people can not afford to PURCHASE a home! Great second income! Just rent to the right person.

Comment

Rushville is hiring, 20 minutes south of NC. It's on ILEA's bulletin board.

Comment

I think I remember where Rushville is. Thanks for the info.
            Right now, Michigan is so bad, I want out. I'll take almost any job to make that happen. Also, my grandmother is still livin in the house. She wants us to move in and be her caretakers.
            I know things are bad all over, I'm just hoping to wait it out.

Comment

I found a Corrections position open, so I'm trying for that right now.

Comment

New Castle PD may be having two openings soon. Who knows:

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/...WS01/911190361

NEW CASTLE -- Two New Castle police officers and the director of the Henry County Community Corrections program were arrested Wednesday after being accused of racketeering, ghost employment and other crimes.

The arrests -- of officers Jim Heffernan, 39, and Matthew Patterson, 38, and HCCC director Doug Sheets, 57 -- followed a state police investigation of the community corrections program launched in May at the request of the Henry County Board of Commissioners.

Comment

That's sad. How do officers get corrupt like that?
                  New Castle, I believe, has an age cap of 36 because of PERF. I'll check on it anyway.
                  What is the meaning of "ghost employment?" I've never heard that term used before.

Comment

IC 35-44-2-4
                    Ghost employment
                    Sec. 4. (a) A public servant who knowingly or intentionally:
                    (1) hires an employee for the governmental entity that he serves; and
                    (2) fails to assign to the employee any duties, or assigns to the employee any duties not related to the operation of the governmental entity;
                    commits ghost employment, a Class D felony.
                    (b) A public servant who knowingly or intentionally assigns to an employee under his supervision any duties not related to the operation of the governmental entity that he serves commits ghost employment, a Class D felony.
                    (c) A person employed by a governmental entity who, knowing that he has not been assigned any duties to perform for the entity, accepts property from the entity commits ghost employment, a Class D felony.
                    (d) A person employed by a governmental entity who knowingly or intentionally accepts property from the entity for the performance of duties not related to the operation of the entity commits ghost employment, a Class D felony.
                    (e) Any person who accepts property from a governmental entity in violation of this section and any public servant who permits the payment of property in violation of this section are jointly and severally liable to the governmental entity for that property. The attorney general may bring a civil action to recover that property in the county where the governmental entity is located or the person or public servant resides.
                    (f) For the purposes of this section, an employee of a governmental entity who voluntarily performs services:
                    (1) that do not:
                    (A) promote religion;
                    (B) attempt to influence legislation or governmental policy; or
                    (C) attempt to influence elections to public office;
                    (2) for the benefit of:
                    (A) another governmental entity; or
                    (B) an organization that is exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code;
                    (3) with the approval of the employee's supervisor; and
                    (4) in compliance with a policy or regulation that:
                    (A) is in writing;
                    (B) is issued by the executive officer of the governmental entity; and
                    (C) contains a limitation on the total time during any calendar year that the employee may spend performing the services during normal hours of employment; is considered to be performing duties related to the operation of the governmental entity.

Comment

If you are over 36, keep an eye out on the county positions, go corrections, get on Henry Co. Reserves and they will be hiring soon. All the little towns around here are on PERF.

Comment

Actually, Henry County was accepting apps last week and I got mine in. I hope they call back. I believe it was for corrections.
                        I didn't know Henry County had reserves. Cool!! I'll apply to that too.
                        And I'm 42 years old. I know, I'm old, but I can still to the job.
                        Last edited by Ejohnson; 11-20-2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

My wife has family in New Castle....Unfortunately that is where I will be for the Thanksgiving weekend.....
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          In Memory of Staff Sgt. Matt Kimmell
                          United States Army
                          5th Special Forces Group
                          Former Deputy Sheriff, Vanderburgh County
                          Killed in Iraq October 11, 2005
                          Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today!!
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3982 users online. 217 members and 3765 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X