300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IN Preference Points

Does Indiana only have preference points for veterans? I tried to find the information through google, and those seemed to be the only ones I could find.

Some departments do. They will mention it in their application.

Comment

Some do, some don't.. It just depends on the indvidual dept.
      "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

Maybe I should clarify. I meant is that the ONLY things they give points for? In Illinois it's also for a 4-year degree or already sworn.

From what you mentioned, it seems it might vary from department to department.

Comment

I never have heard of it here in Indiana, not saying that it doesn't happen..
          "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

I"ve never heard of it happening here. I know some require either college, or an equivalent amount of military service. Mine being one of them. I do know of some agencies who are hesitant to hire Reservists and National Guard members, as they're frequently deployed, and the department is out manpower for 12-18 months at a time. I know they won't come out and say that they're turning a person down because of their Reserve/National Guard status, but it happens.
            Originally posted by K40
            To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
            ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4673 users online. 307 members and 4366 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X