Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro6551
    replied
    What it comes down to is two VERY different styles of policing between Hamilton County and Marion County. Do a ride along with each and decide what you like. IMPD is more urban take-no-**** policing for the most part, while Hamilton County anything is generally more politically correct policing...

Leave a comment:

• VillageIdiot
    replied
    You would make a great PR guy for the department

Leave a comment:

• Dwntwn317
    replied
    Originally posted by towncop View Post
    It may not be too strictly enforced with CURRENT officers, but I can most definately assure you, YOU WILL NOT GET HIRED WITH VISIBLE INK.
    Should I still apply?

Leave a comment:

• towncop
    replied
    Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
    Carmel's isn't too strictly enforced, there's one Motorcycle officer who's got a near full sleeve.
    It may not be too strictly enforced with CURRENT officers, but I can most definately assure you, YOU WILL NOT GET HIRED WITH VISIBLE INK.

Leave a comment:

• ptcop531
    replied
    Some departments, like the Sheriff's Office I use to be a Reserve at, had the tattoo policy, but also a policy of when the summer uniform is utilized, and when the winter uniform is utilized. Neither uniform could be worn year round...

Leave a comment:

• 55-502
    replied
    Originally posted by inspectorsmiley View Post
    Yes, except for sweating my nards off in the summer. Although night shift might not be too bad.
    I have a good friend thats a Business Special at St. Francis, and she is tatted pretty much all over from her Martial Arts career (1 tat for each belt, in 3 different diciplines!), and she must wear winter gear year round. Not fun, but she has a job.

Leave a comment:

• inspectorsmiley
    replied
    Would a winter uniform fix your problem?
    Yes, except for sweating my nards off in the summer. Although night shift might not be too bad.

Leave a comment:

• PtlCop
    replied
    Originally posted by towncop View Post
    Carmel's policy is absolutely no visible ink in uniform. Not sure about Fishers.
    Carmel's isn't too strictly enforced, there's one Motorcycle officer who's got a near full sleeve.

Leave a comment:

• 55-502
    replied
    Bummer
    Would a winter uniform fix your problem?

BSD

Leave a comment:

• inspectorsmiley
    replied
    Carmel's policy is absolutely no visible ink in uniform.
    Bummer

Leave a comment:

• towncop
    replied
    Does anyone know Carmel's and Fishers' tattoo policy

Carmel's policy is absolutely no visible ink in uniform. Not sure about Fishers.

Leave a comment:

• 55-502
    replied
    Being a former Deputy Town Marshal and having a Son who is IMPD, I see both sides of the coin. I can honestly say though, I was glad to be in a small town and have the luxury of being proactive, and knowing many of the residents by first name. I previously listed this as one of my priorities during my oral interview, and I think it was that answer that gave me the edge, but I can't tell you the amount of respect I have for busy Metro departments though.

Leave a comment:

• inspectorsmiley
    replied
    Does anyone know Carmel's and Fishers' tattoo policy

Leave a comment:

• VillageIdiot
    replied
    By looking at the recruiting pages for the Hamilton County PD's you might be waiting a little bit as it looks like none of them are taking pre-apps right now.

Leave a comment:

• PtlCop
    replied
    Originally posted by Citation35HF
    Being an Officer in Marion County and having previously worked for a LE agency in Hamilton County....there is really no crime up there. Sure a Carmel officer may say they are busy, but they really don't understand what it is like in Indianapolis, therefore they are going to give you a biased opinion. Not everyone from up there, just most guys.
    I don't mean this in a derogatory way, but every time I have a conversation with an officer from up there, they say how busy they are, then when talking about their "busy, crazy" day they had, it sounds slow compared to down here. And not only that, the calls they go on are ridiculous, lock outs, dogs running loose, civil stuff that our dispatchers would never send us on in the first place.

Again, no offense meant to any officer up there, but having worked in both counties, I think I can give a honest unbiased answer.
    Pretty spot on. I wouldn't agree that most of our calls are ridiculous like lock outs, dogs running loose and civil stuff. We respond to mostly criminal complaints, at least the shift I work. We stay busy by combining a lot of the proactive stuff that departments who's officers are loaded up with stacked calls don't have time to undertake.

The real difference is the departments in Hamilton County are community policing oriented, where as that's a secondary or lower priority in a larger metropolitan agency where officers are too stacked with calls to do much of that.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4158 users online. 258 members and 3900 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X