300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone here a Carmel police officer

Are any officers here a Carmel police officer and if so is Carmel a busy enough department? How many calls do you guys get daily on average?

Thanks for your service and stay safe.

Who cares how busy they are or the number of calls they get daily?? Just look at their paycheck, that should say enough!!
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

That is very true, what am I talking about that is extremely true, but I don't want to be that guy in a few years that hates his job because I am bored. That's why I left the Fire service.

Comment

Carmel is busy enough from what I hear. I know there has been at least one, maybe even two IMPD/IPD officers actually leave what some consider the Holy Grail of policing for a more relaxed job. I have heard nothing but good things about the police agencies in Hamilton Co.. Most complaints would come from those departments who are thousands of dollars behind in pay compared to what Fishers and Carmel are paying (Fishers tops out at $54K/year I believe, Carmel is even more, but I don't think they are over $60K/year for base). I should have been applying at these departments years ago..oh well, hopefully I will be able to get on one of them over the next few years, before I hit 36 years old.

Also, the ghetto is growing in Indy, and considering most folks get slaps on the wrist for driving while suspended, plenty of poor criminals have no problem driving while suspended up to Hamilton Co. to commit crimes.
        Last edited by Dwntwn317; 10-25-2009, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gold777 View Post
          That is very true, what am I talking about that is extremely true, but I don't want to be that guy in a few years that hates his job because I am bored. That's why I left the Fire service.
          Get bored easily, eh? Join IMPD and request East district, 2nd shift. That'll cure your attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
          Did I fire six shots, or only five?

Comment

Yeah I'm good, I will stick with Carmel. I would love to work for Westfield, but I think they might get two calls a day. If I wanted that I would of stayed in the fire service.

Thanks for your service and stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwntwn317 View Post
              Also, the ghetto is growing in Indy, and considering most folks get slaps on the wrist for driving while suspended, plenty of poor criminals have no problem driving while suspended up to Hamilton Co. to commit crimes.
              Ironically, most of the smarter criminals know not to go to Hamilton County. They don't want to get popped for jail time just for driving. No 40 hours community service for them for DWS/P up north.
              Do your best, do what is right

Comment

The (city and HCSD) agencies in Hamilton County stay busy pretty much all day and most of the night. If you think a city like Westfield only gets two calls a day, you are sadly, sadly mistaken. They run pretty consistently, but still have time to do proactive policing. Carmel and Fishers are about the same size, Fishers makes significantly less than Carmel does. I think the last I figured, Carmel and Westfield were the two highest paying in the county, followed by Fishers, Noblesville and the Sheriff's Department.
                Last edited by PtlCop; 10-26-2009, 12:57 AM.
                Originally posted by K40
                To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by IPDBrad View Post
                  Ironically, most of the smarter criminals know not to go to Hamilton County. They don't want to get popped for jail time just for driving. No 40 hours community service for them for DWS/P up north.
                  Most of them know not to come here because they know that we've got a lot of police, and not a lot of quick routes out of the county. DWS/P usually get plead down to "no valid license" and a $200. I would love it if i'd see a judge up here sentence anyone to community service.
                  Originally posted by K40
                  To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                  ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

You should also decide if you want to work 8 hour shifts of 12 hour shifts. If you want 8 hour shifts, the Sheriff's Department is the place to go. Carmel, Fishers, and Noblesville are all on 12 hours, and last I heard, Westfield was going to 12 hours in Jan. 2010.
                    Originally posted by K40

Comment

Originally posted by Citation35HF
                      Being an Officer in Marion County and having previously worked for a LE agency in Hamilton County....there is really no crime up there. Sure a Carmel officer may say they are busy, but they really don't understand what it is like in Indianapolis, therefore they are going to give you a biased opinion. Not everyone from up there, just most guys.
                      I don't mean this in a derogatory way, but every time I have a conversation with an officer from up there, they say how busy they are, then when talking about their "busy, crazy" day they had, it sounds slow compared to down here. And not only that, the calls they go on are ridiculous, lock outs, dogs running loose, civil stuff that our dispatchers would never send us on in the first place.

Again, no offense meant to any officer up there, but having worked in both counties, I think I can give a honest unbiased answer.
                      Pretty spot on. I wouldn't agree that most of our calls are ridiculous like lock outs, dogs running loose and civil stuff. We respond to mostly criminal complaints, at least the shift I work. We stay busy by combining a lot of the proactive stuff that departments who's officers are loaded up with stacked calls don't have time to undertake.

The real difference is the departments in Hamilton County are community policing oriented, where as that's a secondary or lower priority in a larger metropolitan agency where officers are too stacked with calls to do much of that.
                      Originally posted by K40

Comment

By looking at the recruiting pages for the Hamilton County PD's you might be waiting a little bit as it looks like none of them are taking pre-apps right now.

Comment

Does anyone know Carmel's and Fishers' tattoo policy

Comment

Being a former Deputy Town Marshal and having a Son who is IMPD, I see both sides of the coin. I can honestly say though, I was glad to be in a small town and have the luxury of being proactive, and knowing many of the residents by first name. I previously listed this as one of my priorities during my oral interview, and I think it was that answer that gave me the edge, but I can't tell you the amount of respect I have for busy Metro departments though.

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
                            Toby Keith

Comment

Originally posted by inspectorsmiley View Post
                              Does anyone know Carmel's and Fishers' tattoo policy

Carmel's policy is absolutely no visible ink in uniform. Not sure about Fishers.
                              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5076 users online. 267 members and 4809 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X