300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna be security companies

Interesting story.........http://www.theindychannel.com/news/21313591/detail.html
    I Will Survive, I Will Go Home!

Wow!!!! I'm sure the security company was banking on the fact that reserve officer was driving the car and it wouldn't be questioned!!

This does bring up an interesting debate, especially about the ILEA certification for directing traffic..

How would that effect the constables, Lawrence, Speedway and other departments in Marion county??

I think there will be a huge outcry from departments who utilize reserves when full times are tied up..

The security company was dead wrong for doing this and im glad they have to pay for it!!

I'm not so sure that ILEA certification is the right answer though!!

I am ILEA certified so I have no gain in disagreeing with the ILEA cert...
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

Anybody who uses red and blue lights on a private vehicle should be prosecuted for impersonating a police officer. That being said construction workers direct traffic around their worksites all the time. ILEA certification shouldn't be necessary to do the work.

Comment

Fire, I think there is no chance of a charge as far as impersonating a police officer in this case. He was a reserve deputy in full uniform. In my opinion, that charge would not fly at all.

Should he know better, absolutely!!!

Comment

When reading stories related to police business, on various media outlets...I find the public comment section an interesting read....There were some interesting comments in regards to the 'whys' and 'hows' this story was reported on....
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          In Memory of Staff Sgt. Matt Kimmell
          United States Army
          5th Special Forces Group
          Former Deputy Sheriff, Vanderburgh County
          Killed in Iraq October 11, 2005
          Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today!!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

The ILEA cert. requirement is complete over kill, but it would nip the many Specials in town with look-a-like cars and lights.

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
            Toby Keith

Comment

I have ran into at least two companies that appear from a distance to be a police officers and act as police officers, the two that I have ran into are ADM and ASL or ATS which ever and both security companies attempt to look like a police officer. I feel that these companies are becoming a very big problem and liability to the public because that are not clearly identified as security. I have no problem with a police officer working off duty wheather in be full time or reserve, my problem is with the security guards who want to be a police officer and are not.

Comment

Originally posted by K9krazy21 View Post
                Wow!!!! I'm sure the security company was banking on the fact that reserve officer was driving the car and it wouldn't be questioned!!

This does bring up an interesting debate, especially about the ILEA certification for directing traffic..

How would that effect the constables, Lawrence, Speedway and other departments in Marion county??

I think there will be a huge outcry from departments who utilize reserves when full times are tied up..

The security company was dead wrong for doing this and im glad they have to pay for it!!

Lawrence and Speedway both send officers to ILEA...
                Originally posted by K40
                To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

They don't send there reserves to the full academy!!!!!

Comment

They don't send there reserves to the full academy!!!!!
                    I can't think of a single agency that sends their reserves to the full academy, including Marion County, Hamilton County and several other large agencies...its a non-issue. The reason most people use reserves is because they can use them for free, and without the academy. Speedway and Lawrence both send their full-time officers to ILEA.
                    Originally posted by K40
                    To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                    ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

pTLcOP,

I know brother, I have been an officer in Indiana for 8 Years..

However, if Marion co. passes an ordinance that requires any officer directing traffic to be ILEA certified, Lawrence, Speedway, and several other agencies will have an issue. The issue is due to reserves not going to the Full
                      Academy..

My earlier post, was telling you that those agencies don't send reserves to the academy, thus violation any ordinance Marion Co would impose if reserves were directing traffic..

Comment

pTLcOP,

I know brother, I have been an officer in Indiana for 8 Years..

However, if Marion co. passes an ordinance that requires any officer directing traffic to be ILEA certified, Lawrence, Speedway, and several other agencies will have an issue. The issue is due to reserves not going to the Full
                        Academy..

My earlier post, was telling you that those agencies don't send reserves to the academy, thus violation any ordinance Marion Co would impose if reserves were directing traffic..
                        Right, but then the IMPD/MCSD reserves would also be affected, as they don't go to an ILEA academy either. That's the point. Almost no reserves (aside from ones who have active academy certifications - such as people who retire but become a reserve to work special events) would be permitted to work traffic. The singling out of Lawrence and Speedway made it seem like you thought none of their officers went to the academy (there was a time when Lawrence PD was mostly IMPD reserves working there).
                        Originally posted by K40

Comment

I may be missing something, but I I am a Reserve and I am ILEA certified/qualified. I have not been to the basic class, but I am approved by the ILEA by taking the 40-hour pre basic coruse and keeping up the yearly qualifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Scout127 View Post
                            I may be missing something, but I I am a Reserve and I am ILEA certified/qualified. I have not been to the basic class, but I am approved by the ILEA by taking the 40-hour pre basic coruse and keeping up the yearly qualifications.

I may be wrong...but I think many people consider officers are ILEA certified if they attend the full basic class...I have never thought of myself, or other Reserves being ILEA certified by taking the pre-basic 40, and keeping the yearly qualifications up to date....
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            In Memory of Staff Sgt. Matt Kimmell
                            United States Army
                            5th Special Forces Group
                            Former Deputy Sheriff, Vanderburgh County
                            Killed in Iraq October 11, 2005
                            Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today!!
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

Ptlcop, I was just using them as examples, I did put Constables and other marion county agencies in that post in the same sentence.

To most of us, ILEA certified is a graduate of the basic academy.

Again it depends on what the county/city council put in the ordinance.

IMPD would not be affected, as they are certified by the ILETB as an academy. There reserves go through the same training as there full time officers.

The city/county council would more than likely put a exception in the ordinance for any IMPD officer.

MCSD is not a certified academy..

That was the point of my whole post, it would effect so many reserve officers and departments in the metro area.

I'm assuming the council will basically put in the ordinance something like this when it comes to the ILEA cert.

ILEA certified officer is anyone that has attended a certified law enforcement academy and is authorized by the ILETB to be paid as a full time officer for a law enforcement agency.. Exception, any IMPD reserve officer that has completed the IMPD reserve academy...

Again, I am for sure there will be a exception for IMPD reserves.. There has to be.. I think there irritated by off duty reserves from other counties/cities working in the metro area..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4823 users online. 286 members and 4537 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X