300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merrillville Police

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the Merrillville Police Department. I'm thinking of applying. I read on the web site that they take apps all year long. What kind of weapons do they carry, volume, training ect ect.... Also do they attend the academy at NILEA or at ILEA? Thanks in advancement for the replys.

brandon911

They are an extremely busy department. Merrillville is turning into a new Gary. As far as weapons and in service training im not sure. They do attend NILEA though. I work for a neighboring jurisdiction so the only contact I have is meeting them at the county line to exchange prisoners.

Comment

Merrillville is a very busy department heavy call load, but dont be looking for them to hire anytime soon. The department is already short on manpower but no money to hire.Even thought they got the COPS grant for 3 positions they are using the money for retention not hiring. The town of Merrillville is so broke they are actually having all officers take 5 furlough days this year unpaid to save money. Low pay and low morale have caused over thirty officers in the last 6-7 years to leave for other departments or different careers.

Comment

i heard a few coppers were told not to cash there checks last year a few times and wait til a certain date so they wouldnt bounce
        Please let me know, Thank you.
        US Army 13M

Comment

Originally posted by brandon911 View Post
          Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the Merrillville Police Department. I'm thinking of applying. I read on the web site that they take apps all year long. What kind of weapons do they carry, volume, training ect ect.... Also do they attend the academy at NILEA or at ILEA? Thanks in advancement for the replys.

brandon911
          I believe they still carry Sig P226 9mm. They do train at NILEA for the most part and, like the other posts stated, have a heavy call volume. I know that recently they have been pushed into furlough days in an attempt to save the town's budget. Hope this helps a little.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5712 users online. 309 members and 5403 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X