Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chevy Caprice

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...cop-car-84762/

There banking on the "caprice" to sell police cars!!!

It kinda looks like a cross between a cavalier and an impala!!!!!!!
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Comment

Originally posted by K9krazy21 View Post
      There banking on the "caprice" to sell police cars!!!

It kinda looks like a cross between a cavalier and an impala!!!!!!!
      I was thinking a Malibu and Impala but yeah...

Comment

I'll take the 2010 Taurus. Twin turbo V6 with 365 H/P!

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
        Toby Keith

Comment

I prefer the Crown Vic, but I wouldn't mind trying one out.

Comment

You know, I really want to want one and I just don't. Center console shifter in a police car? Really?

In all white its also ugly as sin. Doesn't look AS bad in black and white, but it'd look like poo with the IMPD markings.

Plus, its Obama's police car. I own stock in Ford and pay taxes to GM. I'll take the new Taurus, please.
            I miss you, Dave.
            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

If the shotgun and rifle mount in the back, where does the prisoner go? Or are you just suppose to drive around look pretty and not arrest anyone. I'd rather have the carbon motors car than this. Will miss the Crown Vic.
              The old Miller76. I lost my password.

~Sometimes there is justice, sometimes there is Just us!~

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of the agency.

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                In all white its also ugly as sin. Doesn't look AS bad in black and white, but it'd look like poo with the IMPD markings.
                Anything looks like poo with what IMPD calls "markings." If they really want to save money by not having decent looking police vehicles, why don't they just get some plain white Crown Vics, black spray paint from Wal-Mart, and lettering stencil to spray "POLICE" on the sides and trunk. It couldn't look any more generic than they already do.
                Did I fire six shots, or only five?

Comment

is this an attempt to compete with the not yet in production (and probably won't even get off the ground) Carbon Motors E-7 set to be manufactured in Connersville, IN? I doubt that car will ever even see the light of day but it looks like GM is trying to compete with it anyway

Comment

Don't forget this car is based on the now dead G8 Pontiac, a rear drive car that is highly acclaimed. My son has one and in my opinion it is GM's best effort in a long time. Interior trim and vehicle performance are exemplary. The exterior design makes the car look smaller than it. The inside is quite roomy for 6'+ people. Of course it is not as large as the 90's Impala's.
                    Last edited by DeputyDad; 10-07-2009, 11:17 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

I don't know what I'd do with a new squad? I'm pretty happy with my 1999 Crown Vic. I mean, yes, it qualified for cash for clunkers, but it has lots of life and looks great with the rust and dents!

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyDad View Post
                        Don't forget this car is based on the now dead G8 Pontiac, a rear drive car that is highly acclaimed. My son has one and in my opinion it is GM's best effort in a long time. Interior trim and vehicle performance are exemplary. The exterior design makes the car look smaller than it. The inside is quite roomy for 6'+ people. Of course it is not as large as the 90's Impala's.
                        It is not based on the G8. Its a different platform than the G8 thats been used in the middle east and Australia for years.

Comment

After the piece of crap that was called the 2004 Impala, I haven't got much optimism for a Chevy. Oh well, not much to do since the CVPI will be history.
                          Do your best, do what is right

Comment

Because 1 car thats a POS ruins it for the entire brand? What kind of problems did you have with it? I'm curious.

I know of plenty of CV's that are piles too, new and old.

The 80's and 90's model Caprices were about as strong as a car could get. The 80's-current CVPI's are as about as tough as nails as a car can get as well. It dosent mean that there arent a few bad apples in there as well.

I'm not defending anything and I'm not brand biased since I own a Ford and a GM product as POV's. I've also put a million miles on the 2000-2007 Impala 9C1's and I havent experienced any problems on any model year that I was currently driving. I did have an 07 Impala with brakes that needed replacement at 12k miles though if you wanna lump that into "piece of crap" car.

Comment

I guess I was too specific. I think most GM products stink.

My 2004 Impala was underpowered, insufficient brakes, poor cornering, poor acceleration.....

I hated the car.
                              Do your best, do what is right

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3148 users online. 173 members and 2975 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X