300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels near Plainfield

I am going to the academy for the week. Anyway a few of us are driving up on Sunday afternoon and need a place to stay. Can anyone recommend a decent, inexpensive hotel that is near the academy? Also any good restaurants I should check out?
    Last edited by Groove; 10-21-2009, 10:32 PM.
    War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

If memory serves me, there is a relatively new hotel on SR 267 and I-70 (the Plainfield exit), which would be about a mile from ILEA. You might try the Plainfiled PD for info, if no one responds in a timely manor.

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
    Toby Keith

Comment

If you go to the ILEA webpage they have a listing of local hotels under the Bulletin Board section. I stayed at the Lee's in a couple of times while I was attending the academy. It wasn't the Ritz but it was inexpensive. Most of the local hotels will give you a discount if you mention you ar going to the ILEA.
      The old Miller76. I lost my password.

~Sometimes there is justice, sometimes there is Just us!~

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of the agency.

Comment

It's possible that you can just stay at ILEA. When I was there this past summer, they had a jailers school and most of them stayed there. But I think they may have all been from the same county jail and that's why they got to stay, not sure.

But, if your dept is willing pay for the hotel, take the hotel, lol.

Comment

There's approximately 10 hotels at Perry Road/SR 267 (just north of the I-70 exits). Homewood suites is probably the nicest (plus they gave a popo discount), but there's also the cheaper Super 8, Budget Inn, and Days Inn. There are a ton of restaurants in that area. Woodfire Grill and the Coachman are two you should check out, most of the others are chains.

Comment

Originally posted by SW Indiana View Post
            It's possible that you can just stay at ILEA. When I was there this past summer, they had a jailers school and most of them stayed there. But I think they may have all been from the same county jail and that's why they got to stay, not sure.

But, if your dept is willing pay for the hotel, take the hotel, lol.
            Monday thru Friday we are staying at the academy. A few of us are traveling up on Sunday since it is a 3.5 hour drive. Thanks for the input.
            War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6281 users online. 377 members and 5904 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X