Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Indy metro area agencies looking for full time/reserve officers??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Indy metro area agencies looking for full time/reserve officers??

Greetings all,

Just moved down here from a small dept. up north and was wanting to get on as a reserve somewhere until I get hired full time.. Any ideas?? ILEA certified and ILETB instructor plus tons of other things..
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck"

Originally posted by K9krazy21 View Post
    Greetings all,

Just moved down here from a small dept. up north and was wanting to get on as a reserve somewhere until I get hired full time.. Any ideas?? ILEA certified and ILETB instructor plus tons of other things..
    Check out the IMPD website, I believe they are looking for both. Good luck!

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
    Toby Keith

Comment

Might also check Speedway and Lawrence, depending which side of town you live on.

Comment

Thanks guys, have called them all.. Waiting on call backs..

Comment

Metro519,

Would he have to complete Reserve training for IMPD, being ILEA certifiied?

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
          Toby Keith

Comment

Yeah, I have already asked..I would like to become full time IMPD, I already know I will have to take their academy. I'm ok with that, but the next class isn't starting till Dec 2010. I will be picked up by a dept long before then.. I have called the number on the IMPD reserve page several times and left a few messages and have gotten no call back! Aren't they hiring like 100 or something?

Comment

Yeah, I have already asked..I would like to become full time IMPD, I already know I will have to take their academy. I'm ok with that, but the next class isn't starting till Dec 2010. I will be picked up by a dept long before then.. I have called the number on the IMPD reserve page several times and left a few messages and have gotten no call back! Aren't they hiring like 100 or something?
              Wow. That's confidence! I'll keep 'em crossed for you.
              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                Wow. That's confidence! I'll keep 'em crossed for you.
                Yep, My training, background and several instructor certifications allow me to kinda be a little confident!!

Comment

Yep, My training, background and several instructor certifications allow me to kinda be a little confident!!
                  Unfortunately, that's not a reason to be even remotely confident. There's a member on this board, K9 officer, Firearms/DT Instructor as well.....left his department awhile back. Moved from his dept for family reasons to another part of the state. Guess what? IF, and I say if he gets picked up by an agency, he going to be cutting it close to NOT have to re-attend an abbreviated ILEA.

From what I understand, he's been able to keep his instructor credentials current by teaching at a local PD. It "can" unfortunately happen. Like I said, good luck to you in getting what you want "quickly."
                  Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Well thank you for your well wishes, I definetly appreciate it.. I'm just an all around confident person lol!!! Be safe out there....

Comment

Originally posted by 55-502 View Post
                      Metro519,

Would he have to complete Reserve training for IMPD, being ILEA certifiied?

He would not have to complete the whole academy, but would have to complete some parts of it. The biggest problem is though, with having only one person, scheduling that stuff gets pretty hard. I wish IMPD would do just a few things with certified guys, such as some range, etc, then get them to FTO quicker.

Comment

That would be nice Metro, I heard awhile back that IMPD was considering doing an abbreviated academy for certified officers sometime? Not expecting it at all anytime soon, but have you ever heard any talk about it?

Comment

McCordsvill P.D. is hiring. Located just inside Hancock County. And I can tell you that they would be very interested in an ILEA certified officer. I think the closing date to get an app is approaching but not sure when it is.

Comment

Originally posted by MCOP207 View Post
                            McCordsvill P.D. is hiring. Located just inside Hancock County. And I can tell you that they would be very interested in an ILEA certified officer. I think the closing date to get an app is approaching but not sure when it is.
                            Does anyone know how much McCordsville pays? I looked at their website and couldn't find it. It also appears they are in state PERF, as they list a min. age of 21, but not the usual "not have reached your 36th birth day." Take home cars?

Comment

they make around 37,000 limited use on a take home car crappy perf so no age requirement (not police and fire perf) moral sucks due to the admin but its a job. they have some good officers but it all stars at the top. and the top is the problem. they never have alot of people apply do to the above mentioned facts usually around 15-20 and only 2-3 of thoes applicants are ILEA cert.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2963 users online. 209 members and 2754 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X