300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteering on the Monon Trail

I have been riding 40 or 50 miles a week on the Monon Trail lately, and I stopped in the Greenways office the other day to visit some old friends (I used to ride with the Methodist EMS Cycle Team in the late 90's), and they are looking for people to volunteer on the weekends as Trail Monitors. This just involves riding, having a great time, and handing out a bandaid or two if needed. They also have trail guide material you can pass out, and they strongly encourage the use of cycle helmets/education. I used to love working this trail, and I was very sad when Clarian pulled the plug on the program. Anyway, before I left the office, I had been "volunteered" to spearhead the program, so if anyone would be interested, please leave me a message and I will give you more detailed information, but basically they are looking for people to cover the trail on weekends from 1000 to 1600 hrs in good weather only (May thru late October). If you could ride 2 hours once a month, this would be sufficient, but trust me a 6 hour shift is a breeze and very fun. Also, if you have any civilian or EMS/Fire folks that would be interested, this is open to anyone and eveyone. Hope to see you on the trail

Last edited by 55-502; 09-13-2009, 05:23 AM.
    Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
    Toby Keith

Toby Keith

Comment

I would appreciate if there are any Park Rangers on here to give me a PM. I have a couple of questions about covering the Monon Trail.

Thanks..502

Toby Keith

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2372 users online. 135 members and 2237 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X