X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NikkiR
    replied
    Originally posted by leesrt View Post
    This is what happens when your agency fears the courtroom more than it does a funeral parlor.
    You hit the nail right on the head. ISP is so caught up on "tradition" and looks that the safety of
    The troopers takes a backseat. To much micromanaging!!

Leave a comment:

• Dwntwn317
    replied
    I can tell you that the attitudes of some younger officers are different from some of the dinosaur officers who would risk their life for anything, regardless if the situation was basically suicide. Basically it is like this:

You don't provide some officers with the option of a rifle, and just give them a handgun, then don't expect them to go running head on into battle where someone is armed with an AK, SKS, etc..??? Anyone else seeing this?

Is this attitude right? Should police officers demand at least the ability to be equal when it comes to dealing with people who are being violent? I can't say I blame an officer who only has a handgun from not wanting to confront someone armed with an AK-47. Obviously every situation would be different, for example, is there a way for an officer with just a handgun to safely get within feet of a person with a high powered rifle, thus the handgun would have a good chance at being effective?

Is the era of the street officer running into battle, regardless of what the suspect is armed with, over?

Leave a comment:

• MCSD241
    replied
    It's all about image. Nothing trumps that.

Leave a comment:

• leesrt
    replied
    This is what happens when your agency fears the courtroom more than it does a funeral parlor.

Leave a comment:

• 55-502
    replied
    Originally posted by SW Indiana View Post
    Our prosecutor bought the troopers that work our county car radios so they could actually communicate with us. I guess when they went to 800mhz, they took the other radios out. We just got the 800's and still have the old system as well.
    Do they no longer have ILEEN in their cars? I can't understand that move, considering the number of smaller departments and Town Marshal's they work with that don't have the trunked 800 digital service.

As to the Taser issue; for a department that rarely has back up for it's Officers, I would think they would want every option available for their people. This sounds like a decision made by a desk jockey or a civilian attorney

Leave a comment:

• SW Indiana
    replied
    Originally posted by towncop View Post
    Beneli shotguns, huh? There's money well spent. Troops here in my district that work my county specifically, our prosecutor bought them ALL RRA rifles. Pretty sweet one's at that.
    Our prosecutor bought the troopers that work our county car radios so they could actually communicate with us. I guess when they went to 800mhz, they took the other radios out. We just got the 800's and still have the old system as well.

Leave a comment:

• towncop
    replied
    Beneli shotguns, huh? There's money well spent. Troops here in my district that work my county specifically, our prosecutor bought them ALL RRA rifles. Pretty sweet one's at that.

Leave a comment:

• j706
    replied
    Keep in mind ISP is buying 400 Beneli shotguns and DOES not issue rifles. In today's law enforcement world,not providing Tasers is negligent. Silly IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Region Law
    replied
    To Miller87, That was very funny!! Thanks for the laugh!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• lemmein71
    replied
    On a side note, this is one the few pro Taser media pieces I've ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• CruiserClass
    replied
    From my own experience the Taser leaves both parties, the cop and the suspect, less likely to sustain injuries than the other available options. I've yet to see someone lose teeth or break a bone during giving or taking a Tasing. Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    Sad just sad. Again, political hacks would rather have hurt/dead cops than protection. I guess they don't realize that the Taser could KEEP the officer from being disarmed, etc. Man I thought Illinois was spineless, but to know Indiana is like this, just no reason for it. Is Indiana State Police unionized or have any protection? If so I hope an insane amount of noise is made about this.

Leave a comment:

• K9krazy21
    replied
    Keep in mind gents that "Doc" can take out a car load with his handcuff key!!!!!

Doc has always been pro use of force when it's needed from my experience with him. I have taken several CQC classes that he has put on. This is really the last thing I thought I would see. I was almost certain the troops would be getting them!!!

I highly doubt that he has the mindset that if he doesn't need a taser, his troops sure don't.

any other thoughts on what I've said above?

Doc, has always impressed me with his mentality when it comes to protecting his troops...

Is there more to the story???

Leave a comment:

• 7th District
    replied
    Originally posted by celticpilot View Post
    Some Lawyer somewhere in Indiana is going to take that policy, and turn it around on ISP, and soak them in a excessive force/wrongful death lawsuit.
    We were told that this was actually happening (ie PD's being sued for not having tasers as an option) before our dept. started to widely issue tasers.

Leave a comment:

• towncop
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwntwn317 View Post
    Did Bursten really say this, or anything remotely like this? If so, how silly. I guess using that logic, we should take away their guns?
    No Dwntwn, I just made it up because I have a personal grudge against him. I clearly posted at the beginning of the thread that this came directly from the ITA's website.

With that said, all of the troops I work with down here want the Tasers. Frankly, from what I hear, it ****es them off that ERT can have them, but they can't. We had a trooper here a few months ago that was in a fight for his life with a suspect. The troop was able to get help from the guys looking for him because he was able to fire his gun so they could find him.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4738 users online. 281 members and 4457 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X