Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beneli shotguns, huh? There's money well spent. Troops here in my district that work my county specifically, our prosecutor bought them ALL RRA rifles. Pretty sweet one's at that.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
      Beneli shotguns, huh? There's money well spent. Troops here in my district that work my county specifically, our prosecutor bought them ALL RRA rifles. Pretty sweet one's at that.
      Our prosecutor bought the troopers that work our county car radios so they could actually communicate with us. I guess when they went to 800mhz, they took the other radios out. We just got the 800's and still have the old system as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SW Indiana View Post
        Our prosecutor bought the troopers that work our county car radios so they could actually communicate with us. I guess when they went to 800mhz, they took the other radios out. We just got the 800's and still have the old system as well.
        Do they no longer have ILEEN in their cars? I can't understand that move, considering the number of smaller departments and Town Marshal's they work with that don't have the trunked 800 digital service.

As to the Taser issue; for a department that rarely has back up for it's Officers, I would think they would want every option available for their people. This sounds like a decision made by a desk jockey or a civilian attorney

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
        Toby Keith

Comment

This is what happens when your agency fears the courtroom more than it does a funeral parlor.
          Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

It's all about image. Nothing trumps that.

Comment

I can tell you that the attitudes of some younger officers are different from some of the dinosaur officers who would risk their life for anything, regardless if the situation was basically suicide. Basically it is like this:

You don't provide some officers with the option of a rifle, and just give them a handgun, then don't expect them to go running head on into battle where someone is armed with an AK, SKS, etc..??? Anyone else seeing this?

Is this attitude right? Should police officers demand at least the ability to be equal when it comes to dealing with people who are being violent? I can't say I blame an officer who only has a handgun from not wanting to confront someone armed with an AK-47. Obviously every situation would be different, for example, is there a way for an officer with just a handgun to safely get within feet of a person with a high powered rifle, thus the handgun would have a good chance at being effective?

Is the era of the street officer running into battle, regardless of what the suspect is armed with, over?

Comment

Originally posted by leesrt View Post
                This is what happens when your agency fears the courtroom more than it does a funeral parlor.
                You hit the nail right on the head. ISP is so caught up on "tradition" and looks that the safety of
                The troopers takes a backseat. To much micromanaging!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2638 users online. 141 members and 2497 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X