300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score one for the CCC!

After the City County Council's new ordinance passage, I have seen an ominiuos absence of cardboard signs and alleged homeless people on the East side. I'm assuming that this also applies to the Bow Tie Militia on 38th street ? I can see a claim of "religious persecution" coming very soon if it does apply. Anyway, way to go CCC!

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
    Toby Keith

I'm kind of torn on this one. Personally I'm all for it. Professionally I have my doubts. See, I *hate* the roadside hustle, but I also don't see this as the best use of police and court resources and doubt its eventual effectiveness.

Other cities have passed very similar ordinances only to find out that *gasp* these people don't pay their fines and are willing to accept a useless citation to continue to beg/hustle in the streets. Whatcha gonna do, put a lien on their cardboard box? Without the threat of jail time, there's no reason for them to pay. Without a reason to pay, there's no reason to take the ticket seriously. Without a reason to take the ticket seriously, there's no reason to avoid it. The regulars will quickly figure that out, and it'll be back to same-ol same-ol.
    I miss you, Dave.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Our county up here adopted an ordiance that requires permits for anyone soliciting money near a county highway. I know we've irked a couple religious groups because of it... haven't heard of any of them claiming persecution as of yet...

Comment

I drove by the State Fairgrounds yesterday, and the Bow Tie folks are still there. Are they choosing to ignore the law, or is there a loophole for them?

Toby Keith

Comment

What law, and why would it apply to them?

They don't care about the laws of the US, let alone a silly little city like Indy. If it weren't giving them money, I would suggest buying the anti-American rag they call news and read how much hatred of the US they spew.

I have read an orphaned one a few times at the BP. That is one brainwashed crew.

That intersection is too close to the mosque and too lucrative for them to give up without a fight. They will fight the ordinance, in court or on the street. They have done it before and will do so again with this new one.
          Do your best, do what is right

Comment

Originally posted by IPDBrad View Post
            What law, and why would it apply to them?

They don't care about the laws of the US, let alone a silly little city like Indy. If it weren't giving them money, I would suggest buying the anti-American rag they call news and read how much hatred of the US they spew.

I have read an orphaned one a few times at the BP. That is one brainwashed crew.

That intersection is too close to the mosque and too lucrative for them to give up without a fight. They will fight the ordinance, in court or on the street. They have done it before and will do so again with this new one.
            I agree 100%. I can hear their defense now....."Everyone has a constitutional right to sell incense on the street corner!"

Toby Keith

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3912 users online. 238 members and 3674 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X