300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammond PD to cut 10 Officers

I know some people on here were in the process for Hammond Police. There will be no hiring anytime soon. The Mayor is cutting 10 Officers mostly through attrition.

http://nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/...ab2e70820.html

A friend of mine was about to get his start date and he was told that everything was on hold. He was pretty annoyed.

Comment

another reason why im going army this has to be the worst time to try to be a cop
      Please let me know, Thank you.
      US Army 13M

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
        another reason why im going army this has to be the worst time to try to be a cop
        you won't last long

Comment

meaning, as in???
          US Army 13M

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight77 View Post
            you won't last long
            Well, that's pretty much an uncalled for comment. WTF is that supposed to mean? The guy can't find a job so he's considering doing a stint in the military. Not a damn thing wrong with that.
            Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
              Well, that's pretty much an uncalled for comment. WTF is that supposed to mean? The guy can't find a job so he's considering doing a stint in the military. Not a damn thing wrong with that.
              The military is a great way to get into police work. The VA hospital police almost exclusively hire former military. It seems they are always hiring, at least on a nationwide basis.

Comment

My MOS requires a Top Secret security clearance which i think will open up door that not only municipal departments will like but the feds will desire as well. Plus the intel training im gona recieve should put me ahead of the crowd big time
                US Army 13M

Comment

Not to burst your bubble, I had a top secret clearance in the Marine Corps with my MOS. It didn't mean a thing to ISP or the two local depts I've worked for. You may have more luck with it federally. Good luck!
                  Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by Edge06128 View Post
                    My MOS requires a Top Secret security clearance which...
                    is not nearly as big a deal as you think it is. I know it sounds cool, but there's a bajillion folks with clearances out there. Electricians that need access to SCIFs have clearances. The guy who watches foreign nationals do janitorial work has a clearance. The secretary who sits in on readiness briefings has a clearance. Just sayin'.

Military experience will help you, but the clearance really doesn't matter to anyone but the feds and some contractors if you get in the game quick enough that they don't have to pay to re-clear you.
                    I miss you, Dave.
                    http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I'd consider going Military if I wasn't too old (42).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6188 users online. 353 members and 5835 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X