300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America's Hardest Bounty Hunters in Indianapolis

I was watching tv and on the reality channel they were showing a new program called America's Hardest Bounty Hunters in Indianapolis. I was wondering what do police officers in Indianapolis think of Bounty Hunters? Are they respected in the law enforcement community?
    MCSD

Written passed 5/22/2010
    Physical passed 6/12/2010
    Oral Interview passed 8/26/2010
    Background passed 9/20/2010
    Academy FAILED

I don't know about Indy. Its mixed here, I don't have a problem with the guys that follow the rules and don't over-step their bounds. I testified in a case several years ago and put a bondsmen behind bars for 4 years. I guess its all induvidual opinion.
    "I would rather live one day as a Lion, than a thousand years as a Sheep."

Comment

We do not work with them. In fact we are prohibited from assisting them. I did not think we had any in this city.

Comment

I have been dispatched to assist twice over the years, once recently and both times they were told to pretty much sit the their vehicles and stay out of the way. We were dispatched because they called the police. We had to confirm the warrant and all that and I did the OAR so I don't know how they got the credit for it as far as their business is concerned and I really did'nt care. It did seem like they wanted us to go in there and get them and just hand'em over when we got outside. Of course, thats not how it worked out. As a rule though, 241 is correct we don't assist them unless the sergeant tells you to.

Comment

This is just a hunch but I thought I heard that it was against the law to bounty hunt in Indianapolis

Comment

Originally posted by Wiz11 View Post
            This is just a hunch but I thought I heard that it was against the law to bounty hunt in Indianapolis
            There are roughly 50 Bail bond companies in Indy alone. Making it illegal to Bounty Hunt would make it impossiable for the bail bond company's to "enforce" their bonds.....

I am sure it very legal for the bond company's to "SKIP TRACE".......or Bounty Hunt if thats what its going to be called.
            Last edited by halfacop; 06-01-2009, 08:03 AM.
            There is no greater love - than that of a man - that will give his life for another.

If God carried a gun - it would be a 1911

Comment

Originally posted by boeingleoII View Post
              I was watching tv and on the reality channel they were showing a new program called America's Hardest Bounty Hunters in Indianapolis. I was wondering what do police officers in Indianapolis think of Bounty Hunters? Are they respected in the law enforcement community?
              Bounty Hunters are fine, if they do their job as they are supposed to. They aren't the police, so they shouldn't act like they are. Those guys on AHBH are tools.

Comment

Originally posted by halfacop View Post
                Making it illegal to Bounty Hunt would make it impossiable for the bail bond company's to "enforce" their bonds....
                True, it was just something I heard in passing. Must have been in reference to the ones that cross the line and act like The Dog.

Comment

Same as I think of bouncers, security guards, repo guys, the guy who shuts off your cable it you don't pay, whatever. Stick to the rules, make your living, try to leave me out of it. If you can't leave me out of it, remember you are no longer in charge of the situation.
                  I miss you, Dave.
                  http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepdog2009 View Post
                    We had to confirm the warrant and all that and I did the OAR so I don't know how they got the credit for it as far as their business is concerned and I really did'nt care. It did seem like they wanted us to go in there and get them and just hand'em over when we got outside. Of course, thats not how it worked out. As a rule though, 241 is correct we don't assist them unless the sergeant tells you to.
                    I just spoke to a bounty hunter/bail bondsman from N. Indiana. He came down to get a guy who skipped his court date. He told me that he had a court order to get him, upon further review, it was your standard court order. We told him that if we find them, we take them, because we have no idea what the bounty hunter will do once we all part ways. The reason they want to take them, and I didn't know this, is that they get charged for the transport back to the jail. I guess if you are out on bond, then the bailbond's man is responsible if you skip and they have to go and get you. He said he would get a bill from the Sheriff if he couldn't take him. We ended up not being able to find him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LawEnfOfc2006
                      I never dealt with a bondsman in Illinois. I just can not understand why officers treat certain individuals like they are garbage such as, Bondsman, repo men and security officers? Treat people like you would want to be treated. I can see now why alot of people say cops are the ones who were picked on or beat up in school. Just because we wore a badge or wear a badge does not make us any better then anyone else.
                      Treat them like garbage?? LOL

Here's a clue for you - if indeed you are an officer, and if it is only for the last 3 years (just going by your name), get a little time in before you start talking about things you apparently have little to no experience with.

Deal with a few dozen bail bondmen, repo men and security guards that are under the mistaken impression that they get to tell the officers how to do their jobs, who try to take charge because it is "their call", or who have absolutely ZERO clue about how the legalities of a situation play out.

Repo men that try to break into locked garages to repo a car.

Bondsmen that show up all alone, kitted out like a SWAT guy, with pseudo-police patches and badges designed to make people think they are some kind of federal agent, and want us there as backup because they have a guy who told a guy, whose sister heard something on the internet that made her think the guy they are looking for is in a house. And then get ****ed with us when we inform them our policy is what it is.

Security guys that overstep their bounds, get their butts handed to them, and then want to call us to fix what they screwed up. Trust me, in 14 years, I have dealt with more than enough of these goofs to tell you the "professional" ones are the exception to the rule.

They get treated well by me until they prove that they are like 99% of their cohorts I have dealt with before. The fact is, they are agents of a private business, trying to use US as a means to fill THEIR pockets. Come prepared to handle your own mess, or leave it alone.
                      Last edited by Disturbed; 06-14-2009, 11:55 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4973 users online. 308 members and 4665 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X