Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmel vs. Fishers

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Carmel vs. Fishers

    What're the academy lives like at both agencies? In your personal opinion, who's got the better benefit/salary packages? Being that the two cities are close to one another, are Carmel officers allowed to take home their vehicles if they live in Fishers or vice versa? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

  • #2
    Both send you through ILEA so the academy would be the same. Carmel has a higher starting salary but I think their benefits are pretty much the same. Both allow you a take home car as long as you live within 15 miles of the city limits, so yes you can live in one and work for the other.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
      What're the academy lives like at both agencies? In your personal opinion, who's got the better benefit/salary packages? Being that the two cities are close to one another, are Carmel officers allowed to take home their vehicles if they live in Fishers or vice versa? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
      Carmel PD's benefits are far better than Fishers PD's. There are probably about the same opportunities for specialties at either department (SWAT, K9, Dive Team, Investigations, Bike, Traffic Enforcement, etc.) The retirement at Carmel is much better than at Fishers. As far as action goes, Fishers probably has more.
      Originally posted by K40
      To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
      ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh, and you can live farther than 15 miles away and have a take home car...don't know where that 15 mile number came from.
        Originally posted by K40
        To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
        ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
          Carmel PD's benefits are far better than Fishers PD's. There are probably about the same opportunities for specialties at either department (SWAT, K9, Dive Team, Investigations, Bike, Traffic Enforcement, etc.) The retirement at Carmel is much better than at Fishers. As far as action goes, Fishers probably has more.
          How are the retirement packages that different? I was under the impression that both Fishers and Carmel were in the police/fire PERF pension plan. If that is true, the then retirements should be the same. The only difference would be how much you make per year, as that is what the payout is based on. Does Carmel offer addition retirement packages such as a 401(k) or something similar? The one thing I do think Carmel has that is pretty nice, the longevity pay. It is $200/year where as Noblesville is only $100/year. Doesn't seem like much at first, but after 20 years, it starts to add up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dwntwn317 View Post
            How are the retirement packages that different? I was under the impression that both Fishers and Carmel were in the police/fire PERF pension plan. If that is true, the then retirements should be the same. The only difference would be how much you make per year, as that is what the payout is based on. Does Carmel offer addition retirement packages such as a 401(k) or something similar? The one thing I do think Carmel has that is pretty nice, the longevity pay. It is $200/year where as Noblesville is only $100/year. Doesn't seem like much at first, but after 20 years, it starts to add up.
            PERF is based on a percentage of First Class Patrolman's pay. At Carmel, a First Class Patrolman is paid more than a First Class Patrolman is at Fishers. Additionally, Carmel pays insurance for their retirees, Fishers does not. Carmel's OVERALL benefits package is better. Which includes more than just the 1977 PERF fund.
            Originally posted by K40
            To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
            ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
              Oh, and you can live farther than 15 miles away and have a take home car...don't know where that 15 mile number came from.
              That's what I was told by both Gary Bowman with Carmel and the guy from Fishers. Both told me same thing.

              Comment

              MR300x250 Tablet

              Collapse

              What's Going On

              Collapse

              There are currently 6261 users online. 353 members and 5908 guests.

              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

              Welcome Ad

              Collapse
              Working...
              X