300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbus PD HIRING!!!

Full-time POLICE OFFICERS The City of Columbus is seeking motivated individuals interested in law enforcement. We provide an exciting career opportunity and excellent benefits. Go to: www.columbuspd.com or contact 812-376-2619 for more information Accepting applications until June 1, 2009 Please apply at: City Hall Personnel Dept. 123 Washington Street Columbus, IN 47201 An Equal OpportunityEmployer

Wow. Posted with such excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by MidCareer View Post
      Wow. Posted with such excitement.
      copied what was on careerbuilder.com!

Comment

anybody know anything about their process????

Comment

Originally posted by maybesomeday View Post
          anybody know anything about their process????
          Typical hiring process. Written test followed by the PT test. Interview, backgrounds, yadda, yadda, yadda.
          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
            Typical hiring process. Written test followed by the PT test. Interview, backgrounds, yadda, yadda, yadda.
            So, a more thorough hiring process than some departments I know....you know, those that are so desperate for bodies, they just check for a pulse on the applicants then hire them.

Comment

which department does that????? I have a pulse

Comment

CPD isnt exactly desperate for bodies. Max of 9 positions available. Possible 3 retirements, plus they've applied for a grant for 6 officers.(according to the Chief)

Already had 100+ apps from what the newspaper has reported I believe. They're expecting at least a couple hundred....

Hiring process is typical. If you apply, you take the written test. Then the usual stuff, interview, psych, poly, pt, and academy.

Good department, fairly pro-police town, and not a bad place to live, or work at least.
                "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
                Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
                Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6236 users online. 352 members and 5884 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X