300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
    It is, according to D/C when he was at our roll call awhile back. You can still wear the Class A's, the sweater, etc. Its not replacing any uniform, just another option.
    Oh that's a relief. I was told that if the BDU's get approved we will all have to change over after a grace period of about a year. It makes more sense to have a choice. I do like how I look in the class A's (if I do say so myself) so at least I can go buy more without fear that I will not be able to wear them in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by mono2000 View Post
      IPDBrad, sorry if I offended you.
      No worries. I just get tired of hearing it referred to as that, it is usually said with a tone of derision.

I hate wearing it, because that means I am at a funeral.

Kudos to staff for finally, hopefully, getting us into BDU's. I am tired of tearing up Class A's. I do like the look, but the durability leaves something to be desired.

CC, I just got my "new" new badge. Being an old IPD guy I like it thanks to the fact that Indianapolis isn't a footnote on it. Plus I am not a fan of the 1970's starburst. Has the same weight and feel of the new badge.
      Do your best, do what is right

Comment

I don't mind wearing a class A uniform, if they'd find a good one without those damn shiny Civil War era buttons and shiny leather. I don't know if I'm going out to do police work, march in a parade, or to stop Pickett's charge.
        Did I fire six shots, or only five?

Comment

Originally posted by K40 View Post
          I don't know if I'm going out to do police work, march in a parade, or to stop Pickett's charge.

Ok, that's funny.
          I miss you, Dave.
          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I don't mind wearing a class A uniform, if they'd find a good one without those damn shiny Civil War era buttons and shiny leather. I don't know if I'm going out to do police work, march in a parade, or to stop Pickett's charge.
            That's an interesting point you bring up. When I went through ILEA in 1990, the school of thought was that "shiny will get you killed", and they stressed that even to the point of avoiding stainless and nickel finishes on our duty weapons. When my son came home the first day with all of his shiny gear, I scratched my head. Was this a tactical blunder ?

Retired Lawdawg & Proud IMPD Papa!

"Justice is the one thing you should always find"
            Toby Keith

Comment

I like the new approved Head gear. Bus Driver/ Commander hat. I have never heard it called a Commander hat until today but ok. Hate the Trooper hat. I lobbied for the Commander Hat option from the beginning of the new uniform committee. Petty as it is, it was my pet peeve of the merger.
              I just got my form signed for the new badges and hat shield. I bought them because it says "Indianapolis" on it. Not as a footnote as IPDBrad said. The old merge badge looked fake with the "Metropolitan Police" in big letters.
              I hope the BDU style gets approved as an option. I like the current Class A w/the buttons and shiny "fetish" leather. haha. I think it looks big city police. But I would like the option of the BDU.
              As for uniformity in IMPD, we have none. We have 2 badges, 13 cars (count them), 2 uniforms, 2 hats.

Comment

Well, whether we go to a tactical uniform or stay with the Union Army Class A Dress, Parade, Funeral and Cocktail Party uniform, I guess we should feel lucky. At least they are all the same color. Given the merger, it could have been worse..........

Did I fire six shots, or only five?

Comment

...and again. That's funny, I don't care who you are.

Since we're reviewing uniforms, do we really need to be told when to wear long sleeves and when to wear short sleeves? Well, I mean I do, but my mommy helps me get dressed and does it without departmental input...
                  I miss you, Dave.

Comment

So, what exactly are you folks defining as BDU uniforms? I only want one thing, some thicker pants that are actually knitted to hold up and don't fell like a two year old could start ripping them apart.

Our current uniform is the poly wool blend. It is a lot more poly than wool. They feel a lot thicker than the old 100% poly pants I used to wear, however, they are not keeping up very good. I wear a folding knife clipped to my pocket. This is also wear the holster rides. Within a month or so, there is a nice tear/hole that has worn into the pants. Also, even though the pants and shirts are a little wool, they are not hotter than the 100% poly uniforms...my opinion, but I am always hot with wearing the vest and all. Before they choose this uniform, we had some styles to look over. One is what I call a "full tactical" type uniform. The shirts and pants have what I know to be a "BDU" look. They didn't look that bad, but differently different than what most officers wear now. The uniform shirts had huge pockets in the front to put stuff in. The pants had three pockets per leg!!

I just wish we could wear pants with an extra pockets on the thigh area. These are not the BDU pockets that stick out, but rather a more streamlined pocket.

Oh, are all pants made for fat people? My pants are a size 36 Reg, but the upper legs are so huge, most of your thin to avg. weight officers look like MC Hammer!! I wish we could wear some of those 5.11 B Class Poly wool or poly rayon pants with the side pockets. I doubt color fade would be an issue with them.

Comment

Most of the people that tested uniforms for the department were not run your ace off beat officers, most rode desks or were on some kind of Elite barely get out of the car unit, not all, but most. They should let the people who are going to actually have to work in the thing pick them. I would'nt mind the class A we have now with a pick your sleeve option but with better materials. To look decent over a six day period those BDU's are going to have to be starched, that will trap heat in them and when that starch starts to break up it's going to leave a white faded residue on them and I'm not spending my time to iron them or pay to have it done either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwntwn317 View Post
                        So, what exactly are you folks defining as BDU uniforms? I only want one thing, some thicker pants that are actually knitted to hold up and don't fell like a two year old could start ripping them apart.
                        Take a look at 5.11 Class A's. They hold up really well, fall within the guidelines for our Class A standards, and are both water repellant and COMFORTABLE. I've been very happy with mine so far, and they aren't any more expensive than the issued stuff.
                        I miss you, Dave.

Comment

Take a look at 5.11 Class A's. They hold up really well, fall within the guidelines for our Class A standards, and are both water repellant and COMFORTABLE. I've been very happy with mine so far, and they aren't any more expensive than the issued stuff.
                          \Where are you getting your 5.11 class A's. I wear Elbeco and am pretty happy with them. The Horace Small they issue fits me like crap'ola.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
                            \Where are you getting your 5.11 class A's. I wear Elbeco and am pretty happy with them. The Horace Small they issue fits me like crap'ola.
                            US Uniform on Delaware. The Horace Small is crap-tastic and the dept should be embarrassed they ever issued that horrid bastard child of a Kleenex and a pile of dryer lint.
                            I miss you, Dave.

Comment

US Uniform on Delaware. The Horace Small is crap-tastic and the dept should be embarrassed they ever issued that horrid bastard child of a Kleenex and a pile of dryer lint.
                              That is where I got my Elbeco uniforms, I'll swing by to check out the 5.11 stuff. Thx

Comment

Well, I want the side pockets on my pants, but oh well. We are not given a uniform allowance so our department buys all of our uniforms. They don't care about the sloppy, loose fitting look I guess.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6512 users online. 354 members and 6158 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X