300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPD consolidation changes

so i notice IMPD has dropped the sheriff's style campaign cover and gone back to the traditional city police hats... and i have heard the badge design has changed a bit

anybody got any more info on any changes?

just curious

There was some trademark issues with the old MCSO design so I've heard

Comment

Gone back to a modified version of the old IPD gold decals on our new white cars. The new uniform badges look pretty good, they are like our current ones but 1 piece instead of 4 and made here instead of CA. We can wear either style hat but all new hires will be issued the bus driver hat. Makes little difference to me since I have yet to wear a uniform hat since the merger. Nothing else has really changed. We are SOOO close to getting Chief's approval to wear BDU's instead of our class A's. THat would be department wide and everyone will have to switch over.

Comment

why did they drop the campaign covers and go back to the commander hat?
        Last edited by mono2000; 04-16-2009, 10:30 PM. Reason: diplomacy

Comment

Originally posted by mono2000 View Post
          bus driver hat... lol

why did they drop the campaign covers (smokey the bear hats)?
          I am not sure but I do know that they were not too popular with the former IPD guys. I loved my campaign cover when in brown but the the blue uniforms don't look as great with it. I won't miss the campaign cover.

Comment

with the exception of a friends academy graduation pics, i dont think i ever saw any one wearing the campaign cover

Comment

Originally posted by mono2000 View Post
              bus driver hat... lol

why did they drop the campaign covers (smokey the bear hats)?
              Commander Hat not cabbie hat.

Anyone who calls it a cabbie or bus driver hat either hasn't seen a bus driver/cabbie wearing a hat or has no respect for the same type of hats our military wears for dress uniform.
              Do your best, do what is right

Comment

Originally posted by IPDBrad View Post

Anyone who calls it a cabbie or bus driver hat either hasn't seen a bus driver/cabbie wearing a hat or has no respect for the same type of hats our military wears for dress uniform.
                Commander Hat/Cabbie hat, whatever, I don't wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
                  We are SOOO close to getting Chief's approval to wear BDU's instead of our class A's. THat would be department wide and everyone will have to switch over.
                  I effing hope not! I hate BDU's wore them for years in the military and never want to see them again. I hate the feel. I think it would be stupid for everyone to have to wear them, let SWAT, SLED, K9, ET's and AI's keep them and I'll keep my police officer uniform. I thought this was going to be voluntary. No matter what detergent you use they start to fade fairly quickly and will look like crap also the tops are too short and you have to constantly have to keep tucking it in all night. Just my two cents.

Comment

IPDBrad, sorry if I offended you.

I didn't call it a bus driver hat, someone else did in one of the replies to my question, I just thought the comparison was funny, I'm sure there are plenty of officers that would think its funny and now I know there are probably plenty that don't... that being said, I won't use that wording again now that I know the correct term... thank you for giving me the correct term.

And it has no bearing on my respect for those who serve in our military... No offense was intended.
                    Last edited by mono2000; 04-16-2009, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepdog2009 View Post
                      I effing hope not! I hate BDU's wore them for years in the military and never want to see them again. I hate the feel. I think it would be stupid for everyone to have to wear them, let SWAT, SLED, K9, ET's and AI's keep them and I'll keep my police officer uniform. I thought this was going to be voluntary. No matter what detergent you use they start to fade fairly quickly and will look like crap also the tops are too short and you have to constantly have to keep tucking it in all night. Just my two cents.
                      Wow! I could not agree MORE. BDUs look so dumb on a road officer. I wore them in the Marines and have worn them a few times with my first department. I was NEVER more uncomfortable wearing BDUs, a vest, and a gunbelt. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

As has been said, leave BDUs for the specialty guys. Keep the rest looking like cops. Even that Street Gear looks like crap. Hate cargo pants. Anyway, hope your chief keeps his common sense about him and makes the right decision!
                      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

I was just fun'n Brad. I actually like the hat for our current uniform. I haven't gotten my form signed to get the new badges yet so I cannot wear one. I do not have an old IPD hat badge to wear.

Comment

I was having the same thoughts. I just wish SOMEONE would make a command decision. I need uniforms and not sure which kind to buy. They are too expensive to buy and not use. I do not have any problems with the uniform the way they are now.

Comment

the bdu pics they had in the indy star looked very sloppy... not sure if it was the wrong size on the officer wearing, but it did not look good

Comment

I thought this was going to be voluntary.

It is, according to D/C when he was at our roll call awhile back. You can still wear the Class A's, the sweater, etc. Its not replacing any uniform, just another option.

As far as the hat, I've worn my campaign hat once and that was directing traffic at Brickyard. If the approved hat is a beret or a sombrero, its all the same if you never wear it. I didn't realize hats were such an emotionally charged issue. Heck, if you think bus driver hat is bad you should of heard what we called our Class A cover in the Army. It sounded a lot like "hunting cap" only without the "ing"...

*on edit*
                              Oh, and I like the original merger badge better than the new one. The new one is more expensive for the officer but looks cheaper. It just looks like its the same metal as they use for the bottom of Matchbox cars.
                              Last edited by CruiserClass; 04-17-2009, 11:50 AM.
                              I miss you, Dave.
                              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6031 users online. 348 members and 5683 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X