300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPUI Polce Department

I did a search of past posts.... I just applied to IUPUI does anyone have an info about the department and or the process.... And for those of you that know me and my story I am now cleared by doctors and have started working out again.

I have a buddy who got hired on by them not too long ago. Any questions you have I'll try and have him answer.

Comment

I currently work at IUPUI, so if you have any questions just PM me. Munky that buddy wouldn't happen to be Benton would it?
      Last edited by Dean0713; 03-01-2009, 09:33 PM.
      Remember cameras are everywhere and they love cops.

Comment

I also applied...any word on when a test might be?

Comment

Did you have trouble with the online application? I keep getting an error message...

Comment

No, I didn't have any trouble...at least I don't think I did, I received a confirmation email. After submitting the application, you have to email hr for the police officer position. I have not heard anything back from them yet.

Comment

Thanks for the help everybody

Comment

Originally posted by Simtect View Post
                I did a search of past posts.... I just applied to IUPUI does anyone have an info about the department and or the process.... And for those of you that know me and my story I am now cleared by doctors and have started working out again.
                Pay starts off around $16/hr. You top out at just under $20/hr. There is no take home car. You can work off-duty. The run load was very, very low, but there are "busy" times. The actual job itself is more security than police.
                Just remember, that if your goal is to work for IMPD, Carmel, Avon, Greenwood, etc., working for a university/specialized PD can be a good stepping stone.
                Last edited by Dwntwn317; 01-10-2020, 05:50 AM.

Comment

I'm an IUPD-Bloomington officer. PM me, if you would like. We have about 40K students and a campus population of about 55K. Our PD operates the same any other PD of comparable size. We take all types of runs and work off campus. We are no different than the city PD I used to work for. We have several officers that used to work for other PD’s such as ISP, Louisville Metro, D.C. Metro, A retired USMC Provost Marshal, etc. We are VERY proactive and very much a bonifide law enforcement agency.

A patrol officer will make between $39-$44K depending on experience, tenure, and education. You can work all the overtime you can handle. Some officers make $15K (or better) in O.T. However, we are the worst paid Big Ten police agency.
                  Last edited by Ten Six; 03-04-2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

DWNTWN thanks for all the info! Maybe I didn't search correctly I appreciate your detailed response though!

Comment

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Comment

I recieved a background packet last week..said it was due by the 24th of April...

Comment

I also received the packet

Comment

Man they are hiring like crazy, I think I heard they want to hire 5, so they would be 13 in the last 2 years.
                            Remember cameras are everywhere and they love cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean0713 View Post
                              Man they are hiring like crazy, I think I heard they want to hire 5, so they would be 13 in the last 2 years.
                              That is because they have high turn over. Lots of lower paying departments do.
                              Last edited by Dwntwn317; 01-10-2020, 05:51 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5030 users online. 305 members and 4725 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X