300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Pd

Hey guys, YES! i do know this is a Indiana board but i thought i would pass this along to those who are having a difficult time finding LE work in the state.

Im taking the written, PAT and oral board all in one weekend, have spoken with the department and a few LEO there and they say its a great way to start a career and most who plan on using it as a stepping stone STAY.

have also spoken with a recruiter and they stated that the process is very relaxed, but formal, but also at the same time not really competitive. I was told there are seeing a lot of "scum" <-- (my own words) applying due to the economy, but they can tell who is scum and who is there for a career. PM me questions

Dallas is the department that i have always wanted to work for but the wife would'nt move, now after i have been on IMPD she all the sudden wants to move. Good luck.

Comment

Did you have to go all the way out to Dallas to do the test or do they make "special circumstances" for people who live a few states away?

Comment

I talked to a Dallas PD recruiter about a year ago, at that time he said they were wanting to hire 300 a year for the next 5 years or so. I was looking at their website at that time as well, and I was shock at what it listed as physical fitness standards. I believe it was something like 4 pushups, 1.5 mile run in 19 minutes, way low standards. No take home's though for patrol I believe I read not too long ago that they were riding 3-4 officers in a car due to such a shortage cars.
        Remember cameras are everywhere and they love cops.

Comment

rainmaker - i am going out to dallas next weekend, but they do have several test dates out of state, check out their website, i believe they are going to be in michigan and cincy soon if you dont want to go all the way out there. there standards are low, but there exit standards for the academy are pinch for pinch with ILEA standards

as far as the car situation goes, its getting better, but still no take home. excellent way to start a career tho

Comment

I don't see the draw to move to work large metro areas. If I was to ever move, which isn't likely since my entire family is in the Indy area, it would be to Wyoming, S. Dakota, Montana, Idaho, or Alaska. I have done some research on the various departments there: Cheyenne, Rapid City, state PDs/highway patrols, Billings, Boise, etc.. All of those departments seem to pay pretty decent and benefits sound good. My all time favorite police job would be an armed US Park Ranger job working in Glacier NP, Mt. Rushmore and surrounding areas, The Smoky Mountains, or Yellowstone. To me, once you get a city with about 50K+ people, add in tourist trap, that usually has just as much to offer as any other city similar to the size of Indy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8362 users online. 249 members and 8113 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X