• Deputy Reed
    replied
    i didnt even notice i put it in there

Leave a comment:

• CruiserClass
    replied
    Originally posted by Deputy Reed
    wow, also heard the phsych exam took out alot of people, thats crazy
    I don't think you need the second comma.

Leave a comment:

• Deputy Reed
    replied
    wow, also heard the phsych exam took out alot of people, thats crazy

Leave a comment:

• MetroOff519
    replied
    That is correct. The class started Monday with 62, 2 of which were "recycles" from a previous class. 1 person quit Monday, and 2 quit Tuesday, so the class is now down to 59.

Leave a comment:

• Deputy Reed
    replied
    i hear they only took 62 for the class & somebody quit the first day..true??

Leave a comment:

• MCSD241
    replied
    Originally posted by Little_10-96
    Thanks for the info. In the handbook it says "predominately" white running shoes, are they going to tell us to buy a specific kind of shoe or are we supposed to buy whatever we think is "predominately" white?

Thanks for the info Disturbed. I had talked to a buddy who works in the NE district down there and he shared that information with me.
    I believe they mean a shoe that looks nice. Wear whatever is the most comfortable but they want you to stay away from the bright pinks, green, silvers, etc that some shoes some in.

Leave a comment:

• Little_10-96
    replied
    Originally posted by MCSD241
    No, they will supply all you need except for running shoes. You will be issued everything else.
    Thanks for the info. In the handbook it says "predominately" white running shoes, are they going to tell us to buy a specific kind of shoe or are we supposed to buy whatever we think is "predominately" white?

Thanks for the info Disturbed. I had talked to a buddy who works in the NE district down there and he shared that information with me.

Leave a comment:

• Disturbed
    replied
    Originally posted by Little_10-96
    My thought is that we need to show up at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, July 6th, 2009 in suit and tie with black pen in hand and they will give us information on what we need to come up with/buy. If I am thinking wrong, please let me know!!

Thanks.
    I'd suggest bringing some kind of large duffel bag or back pack with you, to have in your car. You'll have a HUGE pile of books, etc waiting on you.

If things are the same as they used to be, there will be inspections every morning to make sure everyone has a black pen, their field notebook, a pencil and ID card. Always good to keep spare boxes of pens/pencils around for you or classmates that forget them. Unless you really like pushups, of course

Leave a comment:

• MCSD241
    replied
    Originally posted by Ra1nMak3R
    So what exactly do they supply us with Gear/clothing wise? Do we have to buy our own duty belts, equipment, bag(s), running shoes, all that kind of stuff? Or do we have to buy everything we will need for training?

Any recommendations on what I should have bought and ready for the 1st week or two of the academy?
    No, they will supply all you need except for running shoes. You will be issued everything else.

Leave a comment:

• Little_10-96
    replied
    So what exactly do they supply us with Gear/clothing wise? Do we have to buy our own duty belts, equipment, bag(s), running shoes, all that kind of stuff? Or do we have to buy everything we will need for training?

Any recommendations on what I should have bought and ready for the 1st week or two of the academy?
    My thought is that we need to show up at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, July 6th, 2009 in suit and tie with black pen in hand and they will give us information on what we need to come up with/buy. If I am thinking wrong, please let me know!!

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Ra1nMak3R
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ra1nMak3R
    replied
    oh yeah i've been doing the daily crossfit workouts from their website. You're not lying about the kick in the arse. But I like those kind of work outs. Long distance repetitive running is boring. Combining running with strength training/weights makes it a whole lot more interesting and more difficult.

Leave a comment:

• MCSD241
    replied

With the academy now being a crossfit academy do they still run the same on top of the crossfit exercises? I'm just thinking of what kind of blister bandaids I'm going to have to buy due to running in dress shoes for however long a time!
    Less "formation" running but don't let that fool you. Crossfit is a kick in the arse. I love it. It's more intense than anything I've done before and I've been lifting/running for the last 10yrs. There will be less running only because they can work you harder with less likelihood of injury with Crossfit.

Leave a comment:

• Ra1nMak3R
    replied
    I thought they'd say "furnish your own T-shirt/shorts/running shoes before the training gear comes in. I wasn't expecting to run the 1st two weeks in full out suits. I have 5-6 pairs of dress pants, shirts and a plethora of ties. Only have 1 suit jacket though. I also have a comfortable pair of dress shoes so that's not a problem.

Just didn't expect to do a couple weeks of work in a suit. I guess that's just part of the experience.

*EDIT*

I don't have any croc boots or fancy hats. I just worked in an office job so have a lot of dress clothes, but no full suits.

With the academy now being a crossfit academy do they still run the same on top of the crossfit exercises? I'm just thinking of what kind of blister bandaids I'm going to have to buy due to running in dress shoes for however long a time!
    Last edited by Ra1nMak3R; 06-14-2009, 02:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wiz11
    replied
    So when I was getting my pic taken at the City-County building the officer who was doing security was telling me that on the 1st day they are going to run us in our suits??

I really don't care, but it seemed like it seemed a bit too "storytelling". I don't see how they can mess up our nice suits and risk injury trying to run in dress shoes?

So any validity to this story or was this guy just trying to feed me some hype? Either way I'll run in my suit!
    HAHAHA!

You WILL be running in your suit and dress shoes to say the least. It'll be weeks before you get your delivery man outfit. I would suggest getting a cheap suit if you only have a nice one. also get several lint rollers for you and the shlubs that forget them. Don't try to sneak tennis shoes or white socks past them or you will pay. Keep a very short haircut, and for the love of god shave every day. Don't wear crocodile cowboy boots or any kind of hat. It isn't a fashion show for gods sakes

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9295 users online. 99 members and 9196 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎