Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FootPursuit
    replied
    Sounds good. Especially after all that is invested in an officers training. Thanks IMPDNE.

Leave a comment:

• IMPDNE
    replied
    Originally posted by FootPursuit View Post
    Do most of the recruits who graduate complete the FTO phase? What percentage dont? What is the most disqualifing factor. Officer safety, too scared or freeze up.
    Yes, most of the recruits pass the FTO phase. Typically there are 1-3 that don't make it for various reasons. Most of the POs that don't make it just don't "get it" and are unable to show that they can do the job at the level they need to be doing it. Once in a while a PO will have a lapse in judgement and do something while off-duty that will get them terminated. The FTOs and FTO staff do an excellent job of training new officers and they will work with POs that struggle or need a little extra help.

Leave a comment:

• FootPursuit
    replied
    Do most of the recruits who graduate complete the FTO phase? What percentage dont? What is the most disqualifing factor. Officer safety, too scared or freeze up.

Leave a comment:

• MCSD241
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiz11 View Post
    Whats the count down to now?

Leave a comment:

• Wiz11
    replied
    Whats the count down to now?

Leave a comment:

• MCSD241
    replied
    It is now down to 72.

Leave a comment:

• VillageIdiot
    replied
    Sad to hear, but like you said it will happen with every class. I still can't comprehend going through the whole process to quit in two days.

Leave a comment:

• Disturbed
    replied
    Started on Monday with 77. Here it is Wednesday, and already, 2 have quit. It never fails...

Leave a comment:

• mtown18
    replied
    Goodluck to you guys. I was in the 6th and didn't get approved by merit board. I get to reapply May 6th, 2011.

Leave a comment:

• bradd
    replied
    To all who start the academy Monday: I wish you all well. I was in the 7th process with you all but have since started with the Border Patrol. For the past 5 months I have been living in nowhere New Mexico at the academy in a tiny room with a roommate. The academy was tough. Some days were rough, some were fun, but the hardest part was being away from my wife and daughter. My advice is work hard, don't quit, always remember why you're there, and learn all you can. It'll feel like it's taking forever, but take one day at a time. I feel like I've been here forever, but if all goes well, I'll be graduating a week from today. I can't wait. The day will come. Good luck to you all!

Leave a comment:

• SgtInGuard
    replied
    It's just around the corner; next Monday is the first day of our new career! Hopefully everyone is prepared physically and mentally. Be sure to double check you have done everything you could have in preparation for this. See you guys the 22nd!

Leave a comment:

• Dwntwn317
    replied
    Originally posted by uanick View Post
    from what I heard it has to do with the budget. Hey that's government for you.
    This might be true, however, one of the benefits of living in a "diverse" city is that the politicians always care about diversity in the government. Anyone recall the one academy class they had not too long ago? Told at least some of the white males, and _just_ the white males, "Ugh, sorry, your gonna have to leave." _after_ they had started the academy. Then someone with a brain in city government finally realized that even white males can sue for discrimination, as discrimination laws do protect white people and males. Ever since this case of selective discrimination towards my fellow white males, I have never really thought of IMPD as a place to apply for. It seems anymore there are constant push backs, classes are merged, there is obviously a strong bias towards minority hiring, etc.. I would hate to leave a stable job only to find out there wasn't going to be a job with IMPD, after being told I would have a job with IMPD. As such, I think from here on out the _best_ advice we could give to _any_ applicant is to not resign from their current job until they actually show up to the academy on the first date and start. Jobs are hard to find, and it is a kick in the nuts to do this to people. Another good piece of advice would be to _not_ turn down any other PD job offers just because you have been given a start date with the big city PD job you want.

Originally posted by Brutus08 View Post
    Not that it matters, but do you have any idea why it was postponed and then 24 hours later back on to its original schedule?
    Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
    I heard also that you are back on for the 22nd. This is actually quite embarrassing. It really makes us look bad.
    I think MCSD241 has nailed it. My guess is the media was calling, likely going to put some wives with babies on TV, crying about how they are going to now get evicted or the cars repo'ed. This is the second incident with IMPD and their academy. Not good at all.

Leave a comment:

• IPDBrad
    replied
    Capt Reno sent out an email stating it is a go for 2/22, large bold red lettering, I guess that means "for real"

Next update tomorrow. Don't worry about saturday, the admins never work on weekends.

Leave a comment:

• MCSD241
    replied
    I heard also that you are back on for the 22nd. This is actually quite embarrassing. It really makes us look bad.

Leave a comment:

• Sheepdog2009
    replied
    It's always about the money

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7016 users online. 389 members and 6627 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X