300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wiz11 View Post
    I think he means BI for Background Investigator, which are detectives not agents.
    yeah sorry for using the wrong wording. when i wrote that i was having a really long day and couldn't get my brain to work properly. but i was told (off the record of course) that if the merit board believe that someone will be a good police officer they will try to make room for them in the academy. but naturally there is limits to that ability. but its a little bit of positive information.

Comment

• To all that are still in the process for the 7th, congrats and good luck.
      I would like to take this opportunity to throw out a couple things for you guys to think about. To date, the 6th Class has had 11 people drop out. Only 1 of those chose to take a full time military position, the others have various excuses. It's not what I expected, it's not for me, I won't make enough money, I don't want to move my family, etc.
      Please think about all of these things before you start the Academy or continue in the process. The Academy is not easy, nor is it meant to be. You will be yelled at, you will drop and do push-ups and other things when people mess up. You will be sore and bruised.
      If you can't handle that in an Academy setting, how do you hope to handle it on the street?
      Good luck to all still in the process.

Comment

• Good advice Metro. I'm still in, just did my psych and medical stuff this week. Sounds like they are doing the out of state people first. I would expect a couple to say "it's not for me." But the not moving the family and not making enough money, those are questions you should have asked yourself before you even signed up. This isn't a type of job you are going to get rich doing.

Comment

• Doesn't a 3rd year Officer make about $55k? What's wrong with that?

Comment

• I think third year is a little over $53,000. Money is not why I want the job, but I still don't think the pay is bad at all. I think people are just making excuses because they realize they can't cut it. I say if a person has any doubts about making it through the academy they should just back out and let someone who knows they will make it through take their place. It's all a mindset, this is not a regular job, if you don't have the mindset to be a police officer you might as well go get a regular job someplace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davidjay8505 View Post
              I think third year is a little over $53,000.
              lemmein71 was correct. BASE pay for a 3rd year patrolman is $55k plus change. Not to mention OT, clothing allowance, shift differential, field duty pay, longevity, education pay, and FTO pay if you are one.

Comment

• You already did your psych and medical? when did you do your polygraph?

Comment

• I did the poly earlier this month. I assumed they are doing out of state / area people first, because everyone I ran into was out of state or way outside the Indy area. Looking back on this thread some people have their polygraph date set for September.

Comment

• im only 2 hrs from indy but not scheduled for psych until early sept. Heard someone with rank say something about save the best for last? good luck everyone.
                    Im pretty much amazing. Just ask anyone about me, im kinda a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my house smells rich of mahogany.

Comment

• I was just going off the pay scale on the website, it must be outdated then. My polygraph is September 22 and I live in Evansville.

Comment

• 2007 - Salary Schedule
                        â–*Probationary Officer - $39,446 (Pay begins at start of Academy)
                        â–*2nd Year Patrol Officer - $47,651
                        â–*3rd Year Patrol Officer - $53,118

They just haven't updated it in a while. It doesn't make me mad that it's higher now though

Comment

• 2007 - Salary Schedule
                          â–*Probationary Officer - $39,446 (Pay begins at start of Academy)
                          â–*2nd Year Patrol Officer - $47,651
                          â–*3rd Year Patrol Officer - $53,118

They just haven't updated it in a while. It doesn't make me mad that it's higher now though!

Comment

• i love the pay!! the living expenses are not very bad there. and i hope they arent saving the best for last, i just took mine on july 22nd.

Comment

• It is higher now, and there is going to be another 5% raise for 3rd year officers starting Jan 1, 2010. That will bring BASE pay up to $57,250 for the year. The current contract expires December 31, 2011 so the next contract will be negotiated next year.

Comment

• To those of us who had the pleasure of medical/psychological evals already, what did you guys think?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6484 users online. 372 members and 6112 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X