Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ptl I think you are missing the point of the post. I appreciate the correction and all (in your opinion), but wish you had more to say about it rather than correcting me on my statement about it being the best department in the state. Thanks for your input though, I'm sure the applicants are all the wiser for it...
    **You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm...**

Comment

Does anyone know how many people made it to the oral interview? I've heard all kinds of rumors. From 200 to 500. Anyone have any solid estimates?

Comment

I'd say 250 to 300 had interviews. However, I doubt they all showed. I had something like 6 guys just not show up the morning I had my interview.

Comment

Thanks Brutus. My interview was May 5 at 4pm. I showed up at 3:30 and planned to review a bit. They called me in for my first at 3:40, and my second was done before 4pm. I'm so glad I came early. I didn't ask, but I assumed people scheduled before me didn't show up too.

Comment

That's pretty much the same thing I did. Showed up early, got done early. I even came from Ohio and made it with plenty of time to spare. One guy walked in, from Indy, 3 minutes late and got the boot.

Shows how seriously he took the process I guess.
            Last edited by Brutus08; 05-18-2009, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I came from Cincy. What part of Ohio did you come from? I'm glad they're being strict about being punctual. Being tardy is one of my pet peeves. I'm anxiously awaiting notice of whether I passed the interview.

Comment

I'm a little north of Cincy and a little south of Dayton, if that tells you anything.

Lol

Comment

I haven't heard how many were interviewed, just heard this past Saturday that they're possibly looking at 70-80 for the 7th class though.

Good luck to all that are still in the process.

For those who didn't make it this time, don't give up. Took some of us more than once to apply to get hired.

Comment

From what I've seen, it seems like if one makes it through the background and interview its their job to lose. Is this assumption correct?

Comment

Not always the case. There were a few who did not pass all the components of the PT test last Fri and Sat, so they will probably not be moving on, even after having made it this far in the process.

Comment

You misunderstood what I was saying Metro.

What I was saying is that if you made it this far and have done well, it's basically up to you to not screw it up and get yourself eliminated.
                        Last edited by Brutus08; 05-21-2009, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Have any of the early interviewees heard anything? I know I won't hear anything until mid-June at the earliest but I was curious to see if anyone else has heard anything.

Comment

I remember HR saying it would be 4 to 5 weeks to find out if you were moving on. I interviewed on May 8th, so still have some time to wait. That is the hardest part, the wait. Until then I'll just keep pumping out the PT to get ready.

Comment

so it has been just over 4 weeks now and nothing yet, have any of you guys received a letter yet? This waiting is getting rough

Comment

No word and I don't expect to hear anything until mid-June. The review board meets on the 1st Wednesday of every month, which was yesterday, so I'm sure that in the next week or so they'll begin to mail out letters.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6309 users online. 390 members and 5919 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X