Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be there too looking forward to it!

Comment

What day was your physical?

Comment

Good luck on the interviews. Be prepared for a lot of nail-biting in the future!
        “I sometimes wish that people would put a little more emphasis upon the observance of the law than they do upon its enforcement”
        Calvin Coolidge

Comment

I'm not much of a worrier or nail biter so if I'm hired I'm hired. I'm in enough processes that I've got plenty to do until I get a call in the fall regarding my background check.

That being said, the tutoring session was very informative. I've never seen another department do one so hopefully it will be helpful to the people who struggle with interviews.

Comment

My physical was April 1st I think I was #46

Comment

My oral board is tomorrow how has everyone's gone so far?

Comment

stressful but I think it went well

Comment

What kind of questions did that ask? How long was the whole interview?

Comment

2 seperate interviews they were both 15 minutes long. The questions were basic law enforcement interview questions I would assume

Comment

Done with my interview!

I did well I believe. I had no problems with any of the questions and stayed well within the time limit. Overall I felt that the questions were well phrased and easily answerable.

However, four people just didn't bother to show up and one guy was 3 minutes late. They told him sorry, but he was eliminated and would need to reapply.

Comment

I said this on the 7th class thread thing so i'll say it again here...

Ok guys here's the deal... when it comes to PT, running, and whatever else, the better you can do the easier the academy will be. If you get on, this WILL BE one of the most stressful times in your life. Not only physically, but also emotionally and spiritually (not too mention the stress on your family and social life). So make it easy on yourselves by getting into good shape and not having PT to worry about. I completely understand some people aren't "running" people and may not be the best at it, but YOUR LIFE could depend on it some day.
                        I know the PT is not the same as when I went through (which wasn't that long ago at all) and they aren't running as much now, but you WILL still run, and it will suck. The people in my class with 14+ minute running times had a very hard time with PT and DT (getting exhausted and such), you should be around 12 minutes (and still hopefully less than that). Don't settle for just "getting by" because then you will get your *** kicked when push comes to shove in PT, and the last thing you want is to be the guy who falls out.
                        I'm not saying this to make anyone worry or get nervous or anything, I'm just telling it how it is because most of the posts I have read (which haven't been too many) describe 15 minute 1.5 times, which really should be improved upon.
                        I have no idea when your class or even the next class starts, but do everything you possibly can to get your body over that "oh s***" phase right now rather than waiting for the first couple sessions when it comes to PT and DT. I'm talking about the swollen knee's that need to be drained, strained backs, shin splints, all that crap, because that is one of the hardest parts when the academy begins.
                        Remember, if you get on (and still while you are in the process), IMPD is the best law enforcement agency in the state and could definitely be one of the top in the country. We DO get shot at, ran from, fought, cursed, spit on, insulted personally, and people in some places just do not like the police, so take it seriously. It's not like cops and it's nothing like television, so prepare for it as much as you can without hurting yourself before the start of the academy. Any ?'s let me know
                        **You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm...**

Comment

Originally posted by Metro6551 View Post
                          I said this on the 7th class thread thing so i'll say it again here...

Ok guys here's the deal... when it comes to PT, running, and whatever else, the better you can do the easier the academy will be. If you get on, this WILL BE one of the most stressful times in your life. Not only physically, but also emotionally and spiritually (not too mention the stress on your family and social life). So make it easy on yourselves by getting into good shape and not having PT to worry about. I completely understand some people aren't "running" people and may not be the best at it, but YOUR LIFE could depend on it some day.
                          I know the PT is not the same as when I went through (which wasn't that long ago at all) and they aren't running as much now, but you WILL still run, and it will suck. The people in my class with 14+ minute running times had a very hard time with PT and DT (getting exhausted and such), you should be around 12 minutes (and still hopefully less than that). Don't settle for just "getting by" because then you will get your *** kicked when push comes to shove in PT, and the last thing you want is to be the guy who falls out.
                          I'm not saying this to make anyone worry or get nervous or anything, I'm just telling it how it is because most of the posts I have read (which haven't been too many) describe 15 minute 1.5 times, which really should be improved upon.
                          I have no idea when your class or even the next class starts, but do everything you possibly can to get your body over that "oh s***" phase right now rather than waiting for the first couple sessions when it comes to PT and DT. I'm talking about the swollen knee's that need to be drained, strained backs, shin splints, all that crap, because that is one of the hardest parts when the academy begins.
                          Remember, if you get on (and still while you are in the process), IMPD is the best law enforcement agency in the state and could definitely be one of the top in the country. We DO get shot at, ran from, fought, cursed, spit on, insulted personally, and people in some places just do not like the police, so take it seriously. It's not like cops and it's nothing like television, so prepare for it as much as you can without hurting yourself before the start of the academy. Any ?'s let me know

Not hardly. It's good to like your agency, but be realistic.
                          Originally posted by K40
                          To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                          ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
                            Not hardly. It's good to like your agency, but be realistic.
                            OkOk, We'll leave out the part about the best in the Nation. That's more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by MCSD241 View Post
                              OkOk, We'll leave out the part about the best in the Nation. That's more realistic.
                              Be more realistic. IMPD has far too many skeletons in their closet to be considered the "best" in the state. It might be the most fun to work for based on the call type and load.
                              Originally posted by K40
                              To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                              ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by PtlCop View Post
                                Be more realistic. IMPD has far too many skeletons in their closet to be considered the "best" in the state. It might be the most fun to work for based on the call type and load.
                                Best is a subjective term so I was just fool'n around in my above post. However, coming from a small dept where I was bored to tears, IMPD is the best FOR ME. Maybe it was all that lead paint I ate as a child . Lots of fine depts in the state and nothing wrong in having pride in where you work but. We are the largest and that is as far as it goes. I work in the busiest district and I could not work anywhere else. I love it. Fast paced with lots of bad guys to catch.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6042 users online. 348 members and 5694 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X